Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'ing at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately it happens, a couple of years ago the same thing happened when 4 of those types of trucks parked in the supercharging stalls and took the cables and one was wrapped around the rear view mirro and one was stuffed in the gas tank opening. Since then Tesla installed cameras and for a while has security at night.

Unfortunately it happens, a couple of years ago the same thing happened when 4 of those types of trucks parked in the supercharging stalls and took the cables and one was wrapped around the rear view mirro and one was stuffed in the gas tank opening. Since then Tesla installed cameras and for a while has security at night.

Supercharger cables... wrapped around rear view? You sure you don't mean destination chargers? No way a supercharger cable fits long enough to reach inside someones cabin unless they're parked on top of the supercharger...

It’s just crazy to me this type of thinking, I own an F250 2008, crew cab long bed 4x4 (no it’s not jacked up 8” nor do I roll coal, it has all emissions equipment in place) I use it for work and occasional errands (when the model 3 is gone!) I do not understand the hatred?
Nor do I, and I’m not saying every truck owner has this mind set just a very few. I have an F-150 and would never block 8 charging stalls and potentially damage equipment.

IMO and experience this sort of thing is extremely isolated, please don't pretend this is a regular widespread thing.

Clueless using EV parking as general parking is common but maliciously doing so is not.

I have owned modified vehicles with removed emissions equipment, and all my friends who may still own modified ICE think the Tesla is great, even turned down opportunities to drive it because a couple of them are afraid if they drive it they will actually start looking at buying one. I really can't see EV hate as anything but a rare random likely drunken anomaly.

please don't pretend this is a regular widespread thing.
My post was a question and not a statement followed by a statement that said I personally have not seen this, I did comment on non Tesla vehicles legally parked in Supercharger spaces (at Buelton, the Marriot I believe) and still think this is a stupid thing to do as there is a HUGE parking lot next to this space, however, if it is allowed then I cannot blame anyone except those in charge of this policy

And then there’s this.

2407CC16-7B10-4ACB-9433-1589A0222546.jpeg

D7F8D063-F38E-4546-9C86-09001901300C.jpeg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: hacer and P85_DA
BFC3C2D4-F67B-4F8D-96A9-187F471F62BE.png D5FA98AA-A750-4086-96DF-BABA7767E174.png E954C32D-7311-4C95-A12A-3AA24C5898D4.png
I live in Northeast Wisconsin, truck Central and even the truck owners find Tesla interesting and are eager to hear about how they work in this climate. Honesty goes a long way, don't be the holier than thou EV driver driving the 55% coal powered vehicle.
Ok, not sure why you said this but doing what these guys did is bad behavior so here are some pictures. This has not happened since and is very rare. Also not sure where you got the 55% number, only 6% of California’s power is imported from coal producers and as you could see from my signature I have solar.