Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 8.0 ships tomorrow everyone's next Tesla payment is on me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll third it. It's not night and day, but it is a noticeable improvement.

It also helps that the (controversial) UI changes put a lot more actions on the screen at once, so there's a lot less <tap> <wait> <tap> <wait> <tap> <wait> just to change 1 Slacker station.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Anyone figured out how to keep the taskbar from disappearing? Or at least get the network status to keep showing up? Whenever I leave my house, it takes a bit before the car realizes WiFi is out of range and switches to LTE. This is the time to load any websites such as waze. With the new UI I have to keep tapping the screen to see if it's got LTE yet or not. In the old days it used to disconnect from WiFi as soon as I put it in drive. I guess I can just make it forget WiFi network and keep it on LTE, but I figure why not allow the car to use WiFi while at home.

I'll third it. It's not night and day, but it is a noticeable improvement.
Yea, it's been getting slower almost every release since I got my first MS in 2013, so this increase in responsiveness is very welcome. Other changes like auto-zoom on nav are nice, I'm not crazy about disappearing icon bar - maybe because I'm used to it being there, or tapping on the map to get it to appear makes me worry I will change zoom or re-center the map, or maybe because I'm just annoyed to have to keep tapping it to see the when the car finally decides to switch from WiFi to LTE when leaving my house so I can refresh waze. Overall I'll take the increase in perf over the lack of network status all the time on the screen.

Anyone figured out how to keep the taskbar from disappearing? Or at least get the network status to keep showing up? Whenever I leave my house, it takes a bit before the car realizes WiFi is out of range and switches to LTE. This is the time to load any websites such as waze. With the new UI I have to keep tapping the screen to see if it's got LTE yet or not. In the old days it used to disconnect from WiFi as soon as I put it in drive. I guess I can just make it forget WiFi network and keep it on LTE, but I figure why not allow the car to use WiFi while at home.

Swap the nav to be on the bottom. The title bar only disappears when the nav is the top app. Note that in 8.0, the nav stickies itself to the top (e.g. a single-tap of Nav will always results in nav replacing the top app), so you'll want to swipe the nav app down rather than just tapping.