Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I could hack the Tesla, I would...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Activate the web browser in Australia;

2. Make the summons feature work from the key fob alone;

3. And make the summons feature work from the app alone (without a key fob needing to be near the car);

4. Activate all the cameras on the view screen whilst driving, especially the side pillar cameras when parking close to the gutter;

5. Allow the camera images to be accessed through the app whilst the car is parked;

6. Enable the car to update itself from the app alone (without having to do it from the car itself);

7. Have the dashboard display BOTH estimated kms and battery percentage instead of making you choose either/or;

8. Have the bio-defence mode capable of being activated directly from the top of the touch screen at all times or the steering wheel (instead of having to fish for it through the auto menu at a time when the occupants are already dead from the fumes);

9. Get rid of the ridiculous jiggle the steering wheel during AP to prove that I am paying attention (including when changing lanes);

10. Make the passenger seat warmers turn off immediately that the car detects the associated door open and a weight lifted from the seat (in other words turn the damn thing off automatically when the passenger gets out);

11. Make the car (if parked perhaps at a set location) reboot itself automatically at a set time (say 3am) just to reset all the gremlins out of the system;

12. Allow me to delete songs from the recent playlist (just like deleting an app from an ipad, press and hold etc...);

13. Allow me to manually lower the air suspension at a location that the car has automatically raised at without having that set location deleted from its memory for future raises;

14. Turn the windscreen sprayer button into a double-press so that a single press simply activates the wipers once (for whenever you think that the auto wipers are simply taking too long - instead of constantly turning that bloody wiper dial forward and backwards like a nut);

and I am still thinking about...

15. Installing a serious fart mode icon - which opens all windows and sunroof for a good 60 seconds before closing them and then blasting the aircon to recover the previous set temp ASAP...

And that's just for starters!

1. Activate the web browser in Australia;

2. Make the summons feature work from the key fob alone;

3. And make the summons feature work from the app alone (without a key fob needing to be near the car);

4. Activate all the cameras on the view screen whilst driving, especially the side pillar cameras when parking close to the gutter;

5. Allow the camera images to be accessed through the app whilst the car is parked;

6. Enable the car to update itself from the app alone (without having to do it from the car itself);

7. Have the dashboard display BOTH estimated kms and battery percentage instead of making you choose either/or;

8. Have the bio-defence mode capable of being activated directly from the top of the touch screen at all times or the steering wheel (instead of having to fish for it through the auto menu at a time when the occupants are already dead from the fumes);

9. Get rid of the ridiculous jiggle the steering wheel during AP to prove that I am paying attention (including when changing lanes);

10. Make the passenger seat warmers turn off immediately that the car detects the associated door open and a weight lifted from the seat (in other words turn the damn thing off automatically when the passenger gets out);

11. Make the car (if parked perhaps at a set location) reboot itself automatically at a set time (say 3am) just to reset all the gremlins out of the system;

12. Allow me to delete songs from the recent playlist (just like deleting an app from an ipad, press and hold etc...);

13. Allow me to manually lower the air suspension at a location that the car has automatically raised at without having that set location deleted from its memory for future raises;

14. Turn the windscreen sprayer button into a double-press so that a single press simply activates the wipers once (for whenever you think that the auto wipers are simply taking too long - instead of constantly turning that bloody wiper dial forward and backwards like a nut);

and I am still thinking about...

15. Installing a serious fart mode icon - which opens all windows and sunroof for a good 60 seconds before closing them and then blasting the aircon to recover the previous set temp ASAP...

And that's just for starters!

Few points:

3: This is a safety thing, I wouldn't want to have summon be able to be used if I wasn't with the car, if there's an object or person that can't be seen using the ultrasonic sensors, that'd be pretty dangerous.

9: Squeeze the steering wheel on the left side beside the buttons, there's a pressure sensor there, saves jiggling.

14: This already exists, a half-press wipes the windscreen once for mist and a full press is windscreen wash.

There's no pressure sensor in the steering wheel - it relies upon torque resistance.

I believe there is a sensor on the left side, that seems the only way that this product could work? I also squeeze the same place this item clips onto and it recognises I'm there?

Autopilot Buddy Device Fits Tesla

It's a piece of plastic that clamps the left side, it doesn't appear that it would be heavy enough to put enough force on the wheel to recognise?

I believe there is a sensor on the left side, that seems the only way that this product could work? I also squeeze the same place this item clips onto and it recognises I'm there?

Autopilot Buddy Device Fits Tesla

It's a piece of plastic that clamps the left side, it doesn't appear that it would be heavy enough to put enough force on the wheel to recognise?
I don’t believe there is a pressure sensor here and @Vegas is accurate.

Watching the videos, it appears this is a shaped and covered lead weight in 2 pieces which connect together using Neodymium magnets. I would guesstimate this has just enough mass to fool the sensors based on the moment of force. Ie combination of mass with the center of the steering wheel being the pivot. Simple concept, nicely executed design, though a pricey premium for a, likely literal, lead weight ;)