Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I have an existing Slacker Radio Acct/Sub...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I'm imminently taking delivery, can I somehow link the two accounts or over-ride the default account?

I've been cultivating stations as I work through my transition from being a long time Pandora user to a Slacker user and I'd hate to start over again.

Thanks!

And I'm imminently taking delivery, can I somehow link the two accounts or over-ride the default account?

I've been cultivating stations as I work through my transition from being a long time Pandora user to a Slacker user and I'd hate to start over again.

Thanks!
If you already have a slacker account (pay), you enter your credentials at the bottom of the slacker app. It will retain all your playlists and any stations added to mymusic.

• Informative
Reactions: Brnz
If you are logged into your personal slacker account vs. your Tesla account, you loose the Tesla Top Twenty as a station. I searched for it the other day.

This appears to be inaccurate. I am logged into my Slacker account and I do see and regularly listen to the Tesla Top 20.

What is strange to me is that "favorites" according to Slacker seems to be purely algorithmic. I cannot manually set a station (in any ui on any device) to be a favorite.

This appears to be inaccurate. I am logged into my Slacker account and I do see and regularly listen to the Tesla Top 20.

What is strange to me is that "favorites" according to Slacker seems to be purely algorithmic. I cannot manually set a station (in any ui on any device) to be a favorite.
I am able to select favorite channels on web site. The channels then show up as favorites in my Slacker app in my X. Also, Tesla top 20 is not available for me when logged into my slacker premium account in my X. It shows when I log into my Tesla default account. Obviously we are seeing different behaviors.

I am able to select favorite channels on web site.

Can you select as a favorite a custom station, rather than a "pre-made" station? I want to make that distinction, because all pre-made stations have the star button on them and none of my "custom stations" have the star. Instead they have a share button.

Can't explain the Tesla Top 20 behavior though...

Can you select as a favorite a custom station, rather than a "pre-made" station? I want to make that distinction, because all pre-made stations have the star button on them and none of my "custom stations" have the star. Instead they have a share button.

Can't explain the Tesla Top 20 behavior though...
Thanks for the clarification. I am sitting in my X to confirm. I set up Play Lists and Pre-made stations as favorites on the web site. They show as favorites in my X. Custom stations created on the site do not show as you indicated. But, I was able to replicate the custom station from my X. Strange thing was when I create the custom station in the X, it shows on the website as a new custom station.

When I create Play lists from the web site, it mimics a custom station behavior. I guess it is two ways to go at it.

Thanks for the clarification. I am sitting in my X to confirm. I set up Play Lists and Pre-made stations as favorites on the web site. They show as favorites in my X. Custom stations created on the site do not show as you indicated. But, I was able to replicate the custom station from my X. Strange thing was when I create the custom station in the X, it shows on the website as a new custom station.

When I create Play lists from the web site, it mimics a custom station behavior. I guess it is two ways to go at it.

Hmm. And I was wrong about the tesla top 20.

I got logged out of my personal account and it defaults to the tesla acct, where I have one custom station that was created on the car UI and it is named the same as one of my personal custom stations. I.e. Nothing works like I want it!! Horray.

I am logged in to my Premium account in my S and have the Tesla Top 20 station. I only set up playlists on my tablet, I don't set up favorites so don't know how that works between mine. I doubt the S and X are any different with regard to Slacker.