Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had to do it again, would you NOT use a biased title?
Haha! I am just shocked so many people like it and there weren't more, " no way, never ever again!" responses. This thread just reiterated that. I was trying to pull out the haters, doesn't seem like there are too many.

Good to know. Thanks everyone! Never would have even considered it if it wasn't this unanimous on the vote for the white as I've only ever had black.

Last edited:
The only reason I didn’t select white, was because I prefer the wood trim piece..however insignificant it is to the vehicle. I would’ve actually liked more wood trim, similar to the S or X. The lighter wood adds a nice contrast to the modern interior.

Reactions: Spacep0d
When I was buying my car I debated over this a lot, I would say black one week and white the next. Eventually I said you know what I’m buying a 50k dollar car I’m gonna get what I truly want in it and I went with white . Definitely the best decision I could of made , they are super easy to keep clean and it’s the first thing everyone comments on when they see the car, stays way cooler in the summer and just looks luxury . Now if you have no intentions on ever cleaning the seats you might want to go with black, definitely will get white in the future on my next one . Now when I get my wife the model Y we’ll get black just because she can’t keep a car clean lol

Reactions: bbk3e
I had white 1st time around and loved it. Went with black on my Y because my wife would stress about the kids staining the seats. Tried to reassure her that the seats would be fine but in the end decided the stress wasn't worth it and went with black on the Y. If it was just me I'd definitely go white again.
Curious how the black has held up after a few years. Wondering if she wishes she had white now.

We’ve had our white M3 with the white interior for about 2 months. Neither color was my first choice, but I was overruled by my wife. The white interior with the black accents has really grown on me and my wife loves it. If we had to do it again I’d go with the white interior.

I wish they offered a tan or light grey option on the 3/Y, I'd pay extra $$$ for it. I got white and I much prefer it to the black in our model Y, I don't like black interiors especially in the summer. Feels like I'm entering a dark cave when I get in that car.

The one thing I like better about the black is the wood dash trim. The ceramic one looks fine but it's bright.

Every car I've ever bought has had black leather interior with one exception (Grey cloth on an old 07 Tacoma XR)

That being said, I felt like it was a defining feature for Tesla and went white on my M3P. I'm extremely happy with my decision so far (Only 11K miles so far, but I have cleaned some blue ink marks off with water and dish soap with amazing results on one occasion. Interior cleaning spray 303 would not remove)

It seems the only people who would never get the white are those that never did get the white. I got the white, have had it for 3 years and it still looks new. In Texas, with 100 degree summers, it is refreshingly cool when I get in, even without pre-cooling the interior. So, Yes, I would get it again.

Reactions: pipp
When we ordered in 2018, there was no white interior yet, so black it is for us. It can be scorchingly hot on bare legs on a sunny day. (Yes, precooling is a good idea, when we actually remember.) I think we would have chosen white had it been available. I can say that the black has held up well for over four years so far.

I have driven nothing but black on black cars for the last 20 years. Going through the configuration website prior to ordering my then 16 y/o son asked to see the interior in white. I changed it and he said "ABSOLUTELY", I paused, thought about it and said what the hell and have not looked back!

Reactions: phishphan