Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have black interior, but think the white looks great. I might consider white on my next one, but I do have a slight concern about the brightness of the dash trim on sunny days.

My eyes don't do well with glare and super brightness (pale cave dweller).
Any potential glare issue could be fixed by applying a vinyl wrap $$ over the dash/console or swapping out the dash decor trim $$$. Changing out the seats is a lot more expensive. $$$$

I wish they offered a tan or light grey option on the 3/Y, I'd pay extra $$$ for it. I got white and I much prefer it to the black in our model Y, I don't like black interiors especially in the summer. Feels like I'm entering a dark cave when I get in that car.

The one thing I like better about the black is the wood dash trim. The ceramic one looks fine but it's bright.
Ceramic dash Requires polarized sun glasses

I have black interior, but think the white looks great. I might consider white on my next one, but I do have a slight concern about the brightness of the dash trim on sunny days.

My eyes don't do well with glare and super brightness (pale cave dweller).
Glare depends on where you live. It was terrible when we lived in Vegas. Its ok in CA, and nothing when overcast.

However, its an easy fix by wearing polarized sunglasses. I recommend the white And polarized sun glasses

2 years in, I still like my white seats. Would do it again. Agree with the issues of a little added glare though (need to cover the white dash trim). Also makes your tints look less dark, which means you have to go darker and risk tickets if its ever measured by a cop (ceiling shades help a lot here though and also cut down on heat radiation in the summer). Also any fit and finish issues are more likely to show with white. Still worth it IMO though.
4 years in. Still recommend the white. Only one small stain cause I floorer it while my friend was chugging some ungodly dyed energy drink. Stain is the size of a pea and not prominent. Gave done 35k mile and 7 weeks or so of car camping over the years

The DEBATE continues! While I LOVE the white interior...I truly do.....Black is the best for US!

Rationale: Two MUDDY dogs!

I have seen TONS of videos on the White interior and it looks spectacular! We simply do not want to clean seats to make the interior look clean.
Black seats, again for us, hides MORE of the dirt/mud/etc that I don't feel the need to clean on a regular basis.

YES the dirt is still there! However, we just don't want to clean every week. If we did not have the doggies....then we would probably go with White as it is simply AMAZING! For our real life stuff......Black works.

I cant lie and say I wasnt worried but after owning for a bit I dont have anything negative to say. It cleans up pretty easily and if you maintain it weekly I dont see it being a long term problem. Most people find it a bit "showy or flashy" and that's understandable. I find it really funny how many people are chiming in who dont even have the option. The posting is "If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior? not why you didn't choose it.

When we ordered in 2018, there was no white interior yet, so black it is for us. It can be scorchingly hot on bare legs on a sunny day. (Yes, precooling is a good idea, when we actually remember.) I think we would have chosen white had it been available. I can say that the black has held up well for over four years so far.
Do you have any ripples in the bolsters? I don’t have any in my 50,000 mile M3 with white seats but have noticed some people with black seats mention it. Curious how yours are holding up after four years.

Do you have any ripples in the bolsters? I don’t have any in my 50,000 mile M3 with white seats but have noticed some people with black seats mention it. Curious how yours are holding up after four years.
Sorry for the slow answer; I haven't been on the forum a while.

No problems in ours. But if you're curious about 2018-built cars specifically, they redesigned the seats mid-year. The bigger change was the rear, but also a change in how the front seat seams run. We got the newer design on our July 2018 build. My son has the older design on his April 2018 build, so the change was somewhere between. Maybe it's the older ones that have the ripple problem.

I've owned both interiors, and IMO white is absolutely superior for both looks and comfort.

The one flaw with white (the glaring piano white dash strip) is easily remedied with any one of several aftermarket overlays or replacements. I went with a grey-alcantara which roughly matches the phone-charging area. It is absolutely delightful and completes the interior.