Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprisingly most are not BMW 3 series ;)

What surprises me most is how many Japanese and Korean cars will get replaced (by those here on TMC) and how little of the supposed main "rivals", i.e. BMW 3 series, Merc C-class or Audi A4. I always find it fascinating how different the US and the European car markets are in general. You hardly find any European brands across the pond other than German and British ones. Hardly any French, Spanish, Czech models, but loads of Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc. You see ever less of those over here. I think apart from a couple of Mazdas the only Asian cars you see around here in quantity lately have been Korean. I even think I have seen more Teslas in recent months than Mitsubishis or Subarus. And being a TSLA stockholder, I am quite happy with that observation :)

Otoh, I will be one to replace a 3-series (coupe) with a Model 3. The main reason, well, of course because it's a Tesla. But make no mistake, if there had been the choice of a comparable BMW for the same price, with the same appealing package of design, tech and features, I would have chosen that. I am a little patriotic after all. But as BMW doesn't offer anything the likes of the Model 3 and it doesn't look as if they will in the foreseeable future either, shame on them. They have certainly lost me as a customer, even though I was always (and still am) very happy with my current 330 Cd.

I reserved two M3's, I currently have a 5 month old Ford Fusion Energi and it already has 25,000 miles on it as I have a 80 mile RTwork commute, and a 1000 mile RT (almost every weekend) trip from CA to AZ. I love the Fusion and that 1,000 mile trip only costs about $50 in gas and I average 42mpg with cruise set at 80. And at work they have a charger so I only use 3/4 a gallon a day gas.
I used to have a Ford Focus Electric and loved but it kept breaking down (software issue) and Ford finally took it back and gave me 42k credit towards another ford.
When Tesla came out they were taking $4,500 reservations for the Model S and I wish I would have done that. But now I'll have a Model 3 and cannot wait. And I absolutely love the way it looks.

So, technically I don't count, but...

'94 Acura Integra GS-R, probably getting close to be retired. The plan was to get a Model 3, but I decided not to wait and bought a 2010 Roadster 2.0 instead. :)

The Integra now needs to get a new home...