Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I'm having a bit of a freak out about having enough cash by May/June 2018....I want options that get me performance and those are the big ones (battery, AWD & maybe even performance)...so much so that I am shopping for a bridge car and going to trade in my 2014 mustang (base v6)...going older, high mileage, realiable and significantly downgrading.
I need to put aside as much $$$$ as possible over these next 26 or so months.

Not sure if it's against the rules to reply to your own post but figured it worthwhile here since I pulled the trigger today and traded in the Mustang for an older Volvo...monthly savings abound!

Reactions: SmartElectric
I am currently driving a Ford F-150. It will be right at 10 years old when the Model ≡ starts production and already has 130k miles. I am leaning towards keeping it and using it for the times when a truck comes in handy and will make the M≡ my daily driver, but if I get over the range anxiety fairly quickly I might just sale the truck and rent a pickup when needed.

In sprirt, we'll be coming from a 2004 Toyota Prius.

In reality, our beloved Prius was totaled in February, and replaced with a minivan, making us a two minivan family. The Model 3 will replace our older minivan.

I've never had much interest in the cars that Tesla has declared that they're trying to beat with the Model 3 - the BMW 3-aeries and Audi A4 both cost more and are worth less (to me) than the old 2004 Prius we already had in our driveway. The Model 3 looks like it can beat the Prius in terms of efficient transportation (the only thing the Prius has on it is the liftback), and it looks like it'll be fun, too! The Model 3 is finally a car that's special enough to be worth paying extra for. Everyone in my family is excited about getting this car in 2 years -- at least those of us who are old enough to talk*.

* Our kids are 6 years old and 15 months old. The 15 month old can't say "car" yet, so his ability to express an opinion on this topic is limited. He gets very excited about bubbles, though.

Leaving Alaska for Oklahoma. Replaced a 2004 Prius with a 2016 Prius V for the trip out.

Shipping a 2008 Scion xD to my daughter in Arizona and replacing that with a 2016 Leaf. We'll use that for the main dog transport and it will be our first electric vehicle.

I was set on getting a Model S after our house is built, but now leaning heavily towards the Model 3. Still have time to decide since the house won't be complete until 2017.

Coming from a 2010 Honda CR-V. Have been eyeing a Model S since launch, but they were never (and still aren't) in my price range. I knew the Model 3 was in Elon's master plan, so I waited it out. Reserved mine at the Orlando dealership around 11:45 EDT.

Cayman S. I drive four miles a day now, so I should be charged with a crime for treating such a fine machine so poorly. I am actually planning to unload it in short order and buy my wife's next car so I can have that mostly paid for by the time the M3 arrives.