Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Chevy Suburban LTZ. I have been saving for a Tesla and a fantastic stock trade in March accelerated the purchase of a Model S by 3 years. We already have another SUV - BMW X5, so no need for two of them. My wife already has her "fun" car - BMW 325i convertible and the Tesla is my "fun" car.

The kids are looking forward to driving the Tesla (both turn 16 in the next 3 years) but they already miss the "living room" feel of riding in the Suburban. That car was big.

i bought a 2016 Leaf in February 2016, and will be upgrading from it to the M3. My primary reasons are the extended range offered by the M3, and the availability of Superchargers where i need them. For the Leaf, there are a fair number of L2 chargers around, but it is very difficult to find CHADEMO chargers.

I have a 2009 Audi s4 avant. Cant wait to get rid of it and drive 100% electric. I used to love German cars until i tested a Tesla model S. Now i view Audi/BMW/Merc as a sad version of Nokia when the Iphone arrived - they know something is bad is coming their way but they are totally unable to respond.

I'm coming from a 2010 VW Jetta TDI (diesel). I got it because of it's amazing combination of power and eco-friendly emissions, and, well, we all know how that went. :/

If it was just the Model 3 preorder, I could handle it. but also finding out my car puts out as much nitrogen oxide as an 18 wheeler? Let's just say at this point I hate every minute in this car now. I've got another couple of years in it, it looks like, unless I'm lucky in the queue order. Being on the East coast isn't doing me any favors...

Sigh.

Hopefully the buyout-at-pre-scandal-bluebook-price rumors are true, and I can get something that doesn't disgust me for a couple of years until the M3 comes.