Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone submit their application for the 4k rebate in Illinois?

What documentation did you use? I believe it requires:

Copy of purchase agreement
Proof of purchase
Illinois vehicle registration
W-9

I think the MVPA pages on vehicle configuration and final price sheet satisfy 1 and 2. Not sure on if you have to wait for vehicle registration or temp card will do? W-9 is explanatory.

Hoping anyone who has been successful can share their knowledge.

Thanks!

Anyone know how long it takes to get the Illinois registration back from the state? That's the last item I need before I can send in my packet.
Didn't want to risk more price increases so I ended up buying about 8 weeks before this went live. I see no Non-Low Incomes have been awarded yet, wonder how long they stay in limbo until they decide to release.
The first round of rebates closes September 30th and they have $17.9M allocated for this. Since low-income applicants are prioritized (as well as order of applications received) they can easily process those as they come in, the non-low income will likely all get processed when the first round closes. At $4k per rebate, they can award approximately 4,477 rebates, or more if you account for EV motorcycles which only qualify for $1,500.

Upvote 0
I’m in the St Louis Area but driving to Bloomington to pick up my Tesla. Two road blocks I see: 1. Requires Tesla Dealer signature and 2. Dealer license Number. Technically since the locations aren’t dealership, will we qualify? Also I’ve heard people saying that Tesla is refusing to sign the form?

Upvote 0
I’m in the St Louis Area but driving to Bloomington to pick up my Tesla. Two road blocks I see: 1. Requires Tesla Dealer signature and 2. Dealer license Number. Technically since the locations aren’t dealership, will we qualify? Also I’ve heard people saying that Tesla is refusing to sign the form?
My dealer signed it no problem! They have a dealer number it seems so all should be good? I submitted my application a couple weeks ago with the final registration. That took about 3-4 weeks to get. Best of luck to you!

Upvote 0
I included the MVPA, Loan agreement, registration and W9

Fingers crossed. But my buddy who took delivery on Aug 16th and filed his app received a notice last week that his app was rejected because he didn’t include the registration. In it it said he could “appeal”. How stupid, APPEAL? They should just say why and allow the person to submit the correct form and renter the queue when IL receives his corrected app.

My buddy applied for the EL plates and claims he didn’t get a temp registration for. I’m not surprised, after I took delivery from the Bloomington store on Aug 25th I received 3 separate post delivery UPS mailers with forms that needed to be reaccomplished and returned.

Upvote 0
Has anyone got a letter confirming their application? Or do we just cross our fingers and wait?
I guess NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. I submitted my app on Aug 26th, going on a month and silence. My friend took delivery in mid-July and within a few weeks received a notice informing him his app was incomplete. He was allowed to correct it and resubmit. So after about 30 days, I'd say if you haven't heard from them your app is good to go.

Upvote 0
I guess NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. I submitted my app on Aug 26th, going on a month and silence. My friend took delivery in mid-July and within a few weeks received a notice informing him his app was incomplete. He was allowed to correct it and resubmit. So after about 30 days, I'd say if you haven't heard from them your app is good to go.
Any Idea if your friends application was low income. I only ask because since they were processing them first I thought it might be possible his was just being processed sooner and was then caught that it was incomplete.

Upvote 0
Any Idea if your friends application was low income. I only ask because since they were processing them first I thought it might be possible his was just being processed sooner and was then caught that it was incomplete.
He was most definitely NOT LOW INCOME. After resubmitting with the missing registration doc over a month ago he’s heard nothing more. Not sure when payments are made on e a quarter ends.

Reactions: PMac3
Upvote 0