Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm dying to place my order. Help me out with the few things holding me back...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently in Tesla heaven. Pickup up yesterday. One thing though....

I am getting CRAZY ghosting at night. I thought something was wrong with my eyes. I read through all the ghosting forums and it looks like there's no fix. I have to call the SC today. It's borderline unsafe at night.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
I am currently in Tesla heaven. Pickup up yesterday. One thing though....

I am getting CRAZY ghosting at night. I thought something was wrong with my eyes. I read through all the ghosting forums and it looks like there's no fix. I have to call the SC today. It's borderline unsafe at night.

Not cool. I just picked up my MX last week and am fortunate to not have any ghosting (at least i don't see it anyway).

I am curious what it really looks like though. Could you post a pic or short video?

In mine it'd impossible to not notice. I wasn't looking for it, I thought something was wrong with my eyes.

I'll post pics tonight. I think it'll clearly show. When someone with led tail lights is in front of me it doubles everything.

Called tesla today first thing am. They said they are aware and engineers are working on fix. They took my vin to add me to the "list."

• Informative
@OP,
I was actually in the same boat as you when it comes to point #1 being the largest roadblock. I also live in an apartment that doesn't have a single outlet in the parking structure. However, I happen to live like 0.5 miles away from a supercharger, so that's what pushed me over the edge (Lone Tree, CO).

I don't have a charger at my apartment but there are several free public chargers nearby that I use. The closest SC is only 15 min away if i get low and need a super charge.

My commute right now is only 6 miles one way, but that is soon changing when I move next week to PA.

Build quality seems hit or miss depending on your delivered car. I feel like the Toyota Corolla I rented in Costa Rica had better build quality, less rattles, and definitely not a delivered loose seat issue over my new X. The materials inside were not as nice, but it held together better with 10x more miles on it already.

Reactions: Insureit1
There are a couple of destination chargers near me too. The problem is they charge $40 to park + $10 for charging, then I have to walk home in the cold lol.

We will likely go with evercharge as our solution once I can get power out to the parking lot. Right now it is a $20K job coupled with a parking lot lighting system. That is what's causing the hold up.

I'm assuming Tesla's approach to the issue is similar to evercharge with a load balancing system to maximize charging units with less power.
I have EverCharge. I recommend ChargePoint now. EverCharge is responsive but have very high prices and flatly refuse to disclose their calculations. In my case the rates my condo pays are multiplied by nearly four times when I am billed. Maybe EverCharge will improve, maybe others have better experience than I have. BTW, my condo electrics would support 208/100, so ok for full 80 amps charge, but EverCharge installed 30 amp. When I did it ChargePoint was not an option. Changing is something we are studying with the condo board.

I have EverCharge. I recommend ChargePoint now. EverCharge is responsive but have very high prices and flatly refuse to disclose their calculations. In my case the rates my condo pays are multiplied by nearly four times when I am billed. Maybe EverCharge will improve, maybe others have better experience than I have. BTW, my condo electrics would support 208/100, so ok for full 80 amps charge, but EverCharge installed 30 amp. When I did it ChargePoint was not an option. Changing is something we are studying with the condo board.

I am working on the charging situation now. Interesting you say to stay away from evercharge. Do they only go up to 30 amp? Does ChargePoint have load balancing? The goal is to cover most of our lot (30 spaces in the future) with about 200 amps.

I am working on the charging situation now. Interesting you say to stay away from evercharge. Do they only go up to 30 amp? Does ChargePoint have load balancing? The goal is to cover most of our lot (30 spaces in the future) with about 200 amps.
I would consider all the options including ChagePoint. Obviously, EverCharge is in the mix. In my place they offer load sharing, but from a 208/30 base, so at best it is excruciatingly slow. With multiple cars I have no idea how they would all get adequate charge. Their lack of rate transparency is another negative.

The goal is to cover most of our lot (30 spaces in the future) with about 200 amps.

You may want to put in a bank of 120V 15A chargers to top up those who plug in all day (8 hours) and only need 30 miles of range back (which is a normal commute distance). These charging stations would be quite a bit cheaper, and half the wire cost, but same trenching costs...

Of course, you'll also want a few 240V 40A charging spots for those who park for a few hours and need 70 miles back.

You may want to put in a bank of 120V 15A chargers to top up those who plug in all day (8 hours) and only need 30 miles of range back (which is a normal commute distance). These charging stations would be quite a bit cheaper, and half the wire cost, but same trenching costs...

Of course, you'll also want a few 240V 40A charging spots for those who park for a few hours and need 70 miles back.

This is a great idea. I keep thinking about myself where I commute over 60 miles a day.

On top of that, I am already losing 9 miles of rated range per night and it's about 60 degrees in NY. Not sure what it'll be like in winter but I need a solution quickly.

My worst nightmare has arrived. I don't even have 1K miles, the car has been in the shop twice, and now AP2.0 is announced. What are my options? Trade in already (lose how much?) and wait for a new one? Stick with what I have? This must be how the pre-ap people felt when they took delivery two weeks before AP.

My worst nightmare has arrived. I don't even have 1K miles, the car has been in the shop twice, and now AP2.0 is announced. What are my options? Trade in already (lose how much?) and wait for a new one? Stick with what I have? This must be how the pre-ap people felt when they took delivery two weeks before AP.

Honestly, this AP2 suite is great, but it'll be a while before allowed, legal, and works well. LONG time if ever before it works in a true crazy city environment. Here if you follow rules you'll never get anywhere in the city - cars block the road for good, stop in the road and park, there are huge hazzards in the road, the road itself, etc.

If you like driving your car, which I do, then AP1 does just about all I need usually - and I can get where I want to go fine, and faster/smarter usually, especially for a while compared to any AP2 or level 5 car. I'd get frustrated sitting in a car that tried to drive with good behavior always, and it will be quite a while before a 6000lb car is allowed to drive around by itself or with kids/people in it not being responsible for its actions.

Value is 99% still there. Thus AP1 is 1/2 the price and 1/3 the price of full driving in future...

Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting that, this soon and without a retrofit.

It looks like the AP2 cars won't reach the current level of AP1 functionality until at least December (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turned into February) - right now, they are going backwards as Tesla rebuilds the deep neutral network, and the new cars won't have the lane keeping and emergency braking capability for a while.

I figure there are still some more surprises in the 3 development cycle (remember we still haven't seen the real steering wheel or "spaceship like controls".)

Between that and the gigafactory changing all the batteries, I don't think trading now makes sense.

My plan is to wait until 3 production is well underway and re-evaluate the situation then. I suspect the X and S will either get a bunch cheaper or pick up a bunch of new features to keep them selling when anyone can buy a 3 for half the price and get almost all the features the X and S have now.

So driving the current car for a year or two should lead to an X120D (or Q?) with folding middle seats and HUD and whatever else Tesla comes up with in between for possibly less money than trading to a 90D today will. At least that's my plan.