Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm screwed - Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got the wife a MYP and its so awesome, now I want one šŸ˜‚. Went over the car at delivery for any imperfections and I couldn't find anything wrong and I'm very detail oriented. Paint looks flawless, we'll see after I correct it and put ceramic on it. I've had worse paint on my previous Fords. I know quality control has been an issue with Tesla in the past but they get an A in my book. Delivery needs to be the standard in the industry. That was the easiest process by far!!

Hereā€™s to Miles of EV smiles. Looking forward to picking up our PMY. BTW I have mixed emotions getting rid of our 2020 LR AWD Y as itā€™s been fabulous and with each drive I enjoy it even more as it ages. Someone is going to get a great pre-owned Model Y

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
"paint correction"??? Shouldn't need any. My 12/2020 delivered MYLR, red, was flawless, ceramic shop did zero "correction."

Yes, the thread title is weird. I guess you're "screwed" because now you want one?

"paint correction"??? Shouldn't need any. My 12/2020 delivered MYLR, red, was flawless, ceramic shop did zero "correction."

Yes, the thread title is weird. I guess you're "screwed" because now you want one?
sorry but that was your shop saving money, even freakin million dollar cars come from factory with imperfection and defects in the paint. Just like when you shop for PPF and the shop says oh no you dont need paint-correcting before we do it, run as fast as you can away from them.

We got the wife a MYP and its so awesome, now I want one šŸ˜‚. Went over the car at delivery for any imperfections and I couldn't find anything wrong and I'm very detail oriented. Paint looks flawless, we'll see after I correct it and put ceramic on it. I've had worse paint on my previous Fords. I know quality control has been an issue with Tesla in the past but they get an A in my book. Delivery needs to be the standard in the industry. That was the easiest process by far!!
I feel your pain
You should try it the other way round. I got my Model 3 over four years ago, but my wife started driving it two years ago and now calls it "her car".
So we ordered a Model Y for her so I can have my baby back :cool::rolleyes:

Reactions: alangold
I feel your pain
You should try it the other way round. I got my Model 3 over four years ago, but my wife started driving it two years ago and now calls it "her car".
So we ordered a Model Y for her so I can have my baby back :cool::rolleyes:
Iā€™m hoping my wife likes the new M3 on order - but she is not very techie and still hasnā€™t figured out her 2018 Lexus - do women like Teslaā€™s ? I only see a few that blog - I could see sharing the Tesla as am retired in FL