Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Image insertion broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Inserting an image, either via Cut-n-Paste or file upload, appears to be broken... a few of us noticed beginning over the weekend (of course it may have started earlier).

Interestingly, the pasted pic initially appears in the body of the post with resize handles, etc.. (after a long pause), but error text then pops up, and the "broken image" icon shows up instead. Attempting to upload a pic generates an "Oops" msg as well.

Last edited:
I am seeing the same issue.
Mine responds with,

"Image cannot be loaded from the passed link"

Which when googled seems to might be related to some nodeJS code?

Attachments

• 1000001509.png
    1000001509.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: fholbert
Does the server side storage space need increasing?
@doug
It fails on a small image too.

Guessing an upgrade or patch was applied and it changed a setting on the server.

Your picture isn't showing.

Not a user issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardV
This may be part of the issue.

You can do a few different things to implement the hotlink-ok folder:
1. Create a folder in the WordPress root called hotlink-ok and inside of the folder create a symbolic link to the folders you need access to. (i.e. wp-content)
2. Use Apache or Nginx to create an alias folder.
Either way, this is the easiest way to retain cloudflare's hotlink protection.

To be clear the error message is: Image cannot be loaded from the passed link.

It’s a photo I took, being pulled from my pc.
I’ve seen that error since yesterday, and ALSO an error that “you do not have privileges” or “are not authorized” to do this action.. among other things. I think it is just errors of course. There have also been what appear to be in-line updates to forum software, like the new NEW RED flags on posts. So, maybe something broke in place?

I’ve seen that error since yesterday, and ALSO an error that “you do not have privileges” or “are not authorized” to do this action.. among other things. I think it is just errors of course. There have also been what appear to be in-line updates to forum software, like the new NEW RED flags on posts. So, maybe something broke in place?
Just tried it again, seems to be working and legacy loaded images seem to be catching up.. odd, that’s going to create a tad bit of server overload.