Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impact glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Stu12979

Jan 18, 2022
Uk
Impact Point and crack damage to roof today from a stone on motorway. Will this be covered under glass policy?

Wording of the policy as below

Whats everyone's thoughts.

Only had my model 3 ... 2 months.... 2 weeks in it was hit in a car park in a hit n run .. ( sentry caught it fortunately) and now this.

"Windscreen and Breakage of Glass
In the event of a window or a windscreen being broken from any cause and
shattered glass or resultant scratching of bodywork is the only damage
sustained by the insured vehicle, the insurer will indemnify the insured for the
repair or replacement of such window, windscreen or glass. To make a claim via
our approved supplier please telephone our claims line on xxxxxxxxx
Providing the windscreen is replaced by our approved supplier you must pay the
first £75 of any claim. If the windscreen is repaired by our approved supplier,
you must only pay the first £10 of any claim. If the windscreen is repaired or
replaced by any other company, you must pay the first £125 of any claim."

Impact Point and crack damage to roof today from a stone on motorway. Will this be covered under glass policy?

Wording of the policy as below

Whats everyone's thoughts.

Only had my model 3 ... 2 months.... 2 weeks in it was hit in a car park in a hit n run .. ( sentry caught it fortunately) and now this.

"Windscreen and Breakage of Glass
In the event of a window or a windscreen being broken from any cause and
shattered glass or resultant scratching of bodywork is the only damage
sustained by the insured vehicle, the insurer will indemnify the insured for the
repair or replacement of such window, windscreen or glass. To make a claim via
our approved supplier please telephone our claims line on xxxxxxxxx
Providing the windscreen is replaced by our approved supplier you must pay the
first £75 of any claim. If the windscreen is repaired by our approved supplier,
you must only pay the first £10 of any claim. If the windscreen is repaired or
replaced by any other company, you must pay the first £125 of any claim."
I think the only way to find out will be to call the insurance company. Personally, I doubt the roof will be considered in the same way as the windscreen, but I’d be interested to hear what they say.

I think the only way to find out will be to call the insurance company. Personally, I doubt the roof will be considered in the same way as the windscreen, but I’d be interested to hear what they say.
Yeah I've registered it as glass to start with and through that process they put me in touch with the glass repair team. Glass company called me today so I'll just wait and see what the excess turns out to be. Policy excess albeit not cheap is still better than footing the repair itself . Typical though been in a company car scheme for 15 years. I'm out it 2 months and all this happens

Reactions: Stranger Dings
On my ICE insurance, panoramic or soft top is explicitly mentioned as a bodywork repair and not deemed to be windscreen repair. I guess its going to vary from insurer to insurer.
The policy wording I quoted is a bit vague . It mentions windows but also glass . Nothing specific mentioned anywhere else. Hopefully this is a one off down to bad luck and not a common thing. I do a lot of motorway driving