Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Important Sentry Mode Caution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
I park my Model 3 in a garage. Yeah, I know. Weird.

For my fellow weirdos, be careful if you have a clock on the wall within sight of the car.

You will get a Sentry Mode alert every frickin' minute when the minute hand moves.

There is an option to disable Sentry Mode when at home - but some update or other unticked it.

The best way to remove 6000 alerts is to remove the TeslaCam directory and then make a new one.

This is empirical data ;)

I park my Model 3 in a garage. Yeah, I know. Weird.

For my fellow weirdos, be careful if you have a clock on the wall within sight of the car.

You will get a Sentry Mode alert every frickin' minute when the minute hand moves.

There is an option to disable Sentry Mode when at home - but some update or other unticked it.

The best way to remove 6000 alerts is to remove the TeslaCam directory and then make a new one.
This is empirical data ;)

Mines always parked in the garage (in between use of course) for the past 35 years, mind you the misses has been parked on the drive since we moved into this house since we only have one garage, but previously garaged with mine.
So what's weird about that?

Whoa this is interesting because we have a Dodgers wall clock (with a ticking second hand) for sentimental reasons. It belonged to my girlfriend's recently-departed mother and it's within sight of her Tesla. Good thing is we both keep Sentry off at home whilst the cars are garaged.

Thanks for the helpful tip!