Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Improve your Model 3 Phone Dock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed. Heard a definitive click or snap but nothing seems damaged. Snaps off and on easily. Has the 3d printed texture but it's covered up so not a big deal. I think different thickness choices would be nice. The current thickness is perfect for an OtterBox defender type case. A thinner option would be nice. $35 is steep though.

Attachments

• 20181010_112543.jpg
    20181010_112543.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 20181010_112536.jpg
    20181010_112536.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 236
  • 20181010_113104.jpg
    20181010_113104.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 229
  • 20181010_112930.jpg
    20181010_112930.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Informative
Reactions: skyline
Definitely not a fan of something that goes "crack" when you install it. Also not a fan of paying $150 for a wireless mat solution. I really just need a charging solution where I do not have to take my phone out of the case, it is reliable and does not cost and arm and a leg. Surprised Tesla did not build this with cases in mind.

Innovative product - kudos. I love to see people solving these little annoyances! But IMO overpriced, since I solved the same problem by buying a new 90 degree cable that just stuck out further.... from Amazon for less than $6. Since I might need 2 cables for ~$12, that might help you more competitively price your product....just sayin'

And here are the Lightning (for either side since it flips) and microUSB (for passenger side) cables. The size is actually nearly identical to the OEM part, especially in the crucial length from the very back of the plug to the tip. But the key differentiator ends up being that there's less bulk on the non-tip-side of the 90-degree bend so you can flex it up just enough to be long enough. I ended up sticking 4 thin pieces of cardboard (not corrugated but more the cereal box kind) in the small gap behind to keep it extended out and that ended up being perfect.

Attachments

• 20181104_095803.jpg
    20181104_095803.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Love
Reactions: BillO
And here are the Lightning (for either side since it flips) and microUSB (for passenger side) cables. The size is actually nearly identical to the OEM part, especially in the crucial length from the very back of the plug to the tip. But the key differentiator ends up being that there's less bulk on the non-tip-side of the 90-degree bend so you can flex it up just enough to be long enough. I ended up sticking 4 thin pieces of cardboard (not corrugated but more the cereal box kind) in the small gap behind to keep it extended out and that ended up being perfect.

I just put B01FCUIWZM in my shopping list from earlier in the thread -- it occurs to me that as people try non-Tesla USB cables, reports, photos, and hints (like your post) would be useful.

I also have B079GJ44DJ in a list, and I previously tried B00HNX1SLW -- I don't have it any more, but IIRC it was a near-perfect match to the Tesla branded one.

(@skyline, sorry for the threadjack -- I'll split this off if you'd prefer.)
(@bumm, cool, and good for you for continuing to evolve the design. FYI my Tesla Model 3 center console tray by lairdb and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3111233; another design coming shortly for multiple sets of sunglasses.)

• Informative
Reactions: skyline
Got mine last night... VERRRY tight fit. Heard a crack and it snapped; guess I will have to try some superglue or try to get a replacement sent.
Hey Guys, if there are any issues or difficult installs. Please reach out to us. We're happy to send replacements.
More importantly, we're working on a 2nd revision that addresses all concerns! Stay subscribed as we can't wait to share our new products with the community!

The version we now offer is a second generation product. It's a complete redesign that is now a replacement component for the OEM trim piece unlike the first generation that "sandwiched" between the OEM trim and lid. The second generation is no longer a rapid prototype manufacturing but instead fully CNC'ed from a block of ABS material making the part virtually unbreakable. Also, we've added a finishing piece on the front that reflects a piano black finish. I hope that helps explain. Please let us know should you have questions.

Hi Skyline,
I want to purchase your Premium - Model 3 Case Friendly Dock Adapter. However, it appears to be sold out, and your website indicates "back in stock within 1-2 weeks" without any indication of when the page was updated - IE. within 1-2 weeks from when? Given this uncertainty about when they'll be back in stock, it would be great if you could provide the opportunity to buy it on backorder. Just a small nod to those loyal customers that are willing to pay in advance to get on a wait list. :)

Hi Skyline,
I want to purchase your Premium - Model 3 Case Friendly Dock Adapter. However, it appears to be sold out, and your website indicates "back in stock within 1-2 weeks" without any indication of when the page was updated - IE. within 1-2 weeks from when? Given this uncertainty about when they'll be back in stock, it would be great if you could provide the opportunity to buy it on backorder. Just a small nod to those loyal customers that are willing to pay in advance to get on a wait list. :)

Well you are a TMC member - shoot us an email [email protected] ;)
We will have these available again soon!