Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In a few days I will be giving up my model S and I am sad....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am female and test drove the S, X, and 3 before deciding on the S P100D. Got it with unlimited supercharging for as long as we own it due to the promotion ending on Sept 16, 2018.

I am not a car person but I LOVE this car. My son who is 11 and his buddies love it too. Freak’n awesome. I always keep it on Ludicrous mode. Puts a smile on my face everyday. I only have one kid so plenty of room... and I hated the falcon doors on the X which hit me in the showroom. The 3 is too small.

We take road trips almost every weekend... and the MS P100D can smoke a Lambo Huracán on a 1/4 mile drag race - what other “mom car, kid hauler” can do that?!?

Those ez pass entrances where you slow down to 10-15 mph is my friend. Never enjoyed a car this much. Sooo fast and quick like a rocket.

Similar to how I felt about the iPad when Apple first introduced it. Car is like an iPad on wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: f205v and iCharge
@iCharge - none of the links you list are applicable to the light in question:
  • Your first link is about after market add-ons
  • Your second link is an SAE link, not a law.
  • Your third link again talks about add-on lights
I have no interest in the SUV in question, but it appears they are proposing that a WHITE bar across the front act as the daytime running light (DRL), which is legal. They also propose that, when the car is plugged in and charging, it will change color and turn green when fully charged. As this is not when the vehicle is in motion, again, not a violation of the law in the US. In no cases, are they proposing an add-on light. They are proposing using the factory designed (and certified) DRL to change colors when the car is not operating/being charged to show charge status.

Personally, I think the SUV is ugly and I think the white DRL crossbar is ugly, with it changing colors when charging to be stupid, but it is not illegal.
agreed, none are applicable to this specific vehicle. i already corrected myself in post 36, over 33. seems like you want to argue, and I dont, to rewind, I was merely pointing out to a BEV as an option with more space for poster.
peace

I am female and test drove the S, X, and 3 before deciding on the S P100D. Got it with unlimited supercharging for as long as we own it due to the promotion ending on Sept 16, 2018.

I am not a car person but I LOVE this car. My son who is 11 and his buddies love it too. Freak’n awesome. I always keep it on Ludicrous mode. Puts a smile on my face everyday. I only have one kid so plenty of room... and I hated the falcon doors on the X which hit me in the showroom. The 3 is too small.

We take road trips almost every weekend... and the MS P100D can smoke a Lambo Huracán on a 1/4 mile drag race - what other “mom car, kid hauler” can do that?!?

Those ez pass entrances where you slow down to 10-15 mph is my friend. Never enjoyed a car this much. Sooo fast and quick like a rocket.

Similar to how I felt about the iPad when Apple first introduced it. Car is like an iPad on wheels.
:):):)

So I ordered two Model 3s . One for my wife and one to replace my model S that has a lease expiring. I leased back in 2016 when they were use high residual values to get the lease payments down.

Long story short my new lease payment on a S would have been 45% more than I'm paying now which I'm having a hard time justifying hence I ordered a model 3 instead.

Any S owners out there that have gone to a 3? If so how do you like it compared to the S?

Things I think I will miss the most about the S

- Hatchback- I love the hatchback and use it all the time
- Rear facing seats- I have 4 kids and can take my entire family in the S when needed.
- Design- I like the S design more than than the 3 but maybe that will change when the 3 comes and I see it in person

I've never been attached to a car before haha but man I've loved driving my S. It never gets old.

I did exactly that. Had a 2014 S. I'm still not sure I did the right thing. The S was my first love. The 3 is cute but doesn't have the presence the S has. I miss the bigger screen and the storage but the kids are leaving the nest and the mini van finally left the house last spring.
Was waiting for them to update the S but after the model 3 test drive decided I couldn't wait for that. :)

@srthomas21
Gotcha. Depends on your priorities... not being caught dead driving a van (get another car), helping the environment (get another Tesla or alternative), minimize your monthly cost of living (drive the van till it expires), YOLOing (ludicrous S), simplify life (drive the van till it expires and use it since you are paying for it) etc...

I personally would hoon the hell out of that van and save for an X!