Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Reverse and Mirrors Lowering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
Is there a setting as to control how far down the mirrors drop when the car is in reverse? I've searched, but couldn't find anything. I'm a bit taller (6'2") and when I put the car in reverse (for parallel parking) I tend to have to angle my head to see the mirrors. It's a minor nuisance, but if there's a setting I'm missing, I'm all ears.

Is there a setting as to control how far down the mirrors drop when the car is in reverse? I've searched, but couldn't find anything. I'm a bit taller (6'2") and when I put the car in reverse (for parallel parking) I tend to have to angle my head to see the mirrors. It's a minor nuisance, but if there's a setting I'm missing, I'm all ears.

Just set the mirrors to what you want while you're in reverse and save it under your profile. Your profile remembers a distinct reverse vs. forward setting for your mirrors.

Yep. Just to reiterate deonb's post. Power up your car, put it in reverse, then adjust the mirrors to where you want them when reversing. While still in reverse save your profile. If you touch the profile name and the save button is greyed out move your seat forward a tiny bit and back to where you want it. Save button will then be active.

Yep. Just to reiterate deonb's post. Power up your car, put it in reverse, then adjust the mirrors to where you want them when reversing. While still in reverse save your profile. If you touch the profile name and the save button is greyed out move your seat forward a tiny bit and back to where you want it. Save button will then be active.
If you are like me and don't have profiles (older VIN, non-leather 8-way seats), just put the car in reverse, set the mirrors, and put it back into park or drive and it will be saved.

If you are like me and don't have profiles (older VIN, non-leather 8-way seats), just put the car in reverse, set the mirrors, and put it back into park or drive and it will be saved.

I don't have tech package or leather seats. Formerly, my car adjusted the mirrors in reverse and then after a firmware update (~4.5v) it stopped working. Curious if anyone else without Tech Package still has mirrors adjust in reverse... TIA

I don't have tech package or leather seats. Formerly, my car adjusted the mirrors in reverse and then after a firmware update (~4.5v) it stopped working. Curious if anyone else without Tech Package still has mirrors adjust in reverse... TIA

Getting slightly off topic, but I have cloth seats in a 2012. I have the tech package. I still have no auto-tilt mirrors. I did have them before 4.X update however.

Hmmm...I am VIN 83XX, cloth with tech. My auto tilt appeared to disappear with 4.5 but just needed to be re-saved.

Do you have seat memory? The early cloth seats were physically different, than the leather and current cloth. And no driver profiles were/are available to us.

I retry to save with every update. And after every time I post about it. Just checked 20 minutes ago. Still no auto-tilt.