Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inconsistency in the new UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've said this before, that the general concept of the UI is fine, but that it also needs a lot of tweaks. A lot of them. Having said that, the one item that just drives me bonkers is the inconsistencies all throughout the UI. Take the horrible screenshot below (sorry) of the climate control sub-screen:

IMG_9056.jpg

Are the auto-seat-heaters on auto, or not? Beats me! If you click on it, it will turn white. Oh, ok, that must mean that it is "selected" or on, when it's grey, right? But wait! The button literally right next to it, the rear seat controls, are grey when they are deselected, and white when selected!

In summary, the auto-seat-heater buttons are grey when selected, but the rear seat controls are grey when not selected - got it!

Jesus, it's just freaking obvious you would make the auto-seat-heater light blue when on auto.

I've said this before, that the general concept of the UI is fine, but that it also needs a lot of tweaks. A lot of them. Having said that, the one item that just drives me bonkers is the inconsistencies all throughout the UI. Take the horrible screenshot below (sorry) of the climate control sub-screen:

View attachment 759299

Are the auto-seat-heaters on auto, or not? Beats me! If you click on it, it will turn white. Oh, ok, that must mean that it is "selected" or on, when it's grey, right? But wait! The button literally right next to it, the rear seat controls, are grey when they are deselected, and white when selected!

In summary, the auto-seat-heater buttons are grey when selected, but the rear seat controls are grey when not selected - got it!

Jesus, it's just freaking obvious you would make the auto-seat-heater light blue when on auto.
You're totally right about that. But I must admit this particular inconsistency never occurred to me until I read this post. Maybe I need the same help as the Tesla engineers. LOL!