Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incredible..Tesla just increased my preorder (sept) by over 1k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pre-ordered and had a purchase agreement based on the price the car sold for when I ordered it last month.
I dont care about the wheels, I can buy my own wheels, I ordered a performance with silver wheels for 61990. I put my 2500 down on sept 29th
Is this even legal?

What exactly is a "pre-order"?

Either you have an order or you don't. If you have an order, you have locked in the price.

Is a "pre-order" a quotation you were thinking about? If so, it can change.
Please explain "pre-order"....

Like was said earlier, they should and most likely will honor the price. This has happened to numerous people in the past from price increases in the same scenario and Tesla honored it for those who purchased before the change.

As far as getting ahold of Tesla people - I think anyone here with enough experience with them feels your pain. You just have to be a persistent pain the arse and you should be able to get this taken care of.

Like was said earlier, they should and most likely will honor the price. This has happened to numerous people in the past from price increases in the same scenario and Tesla honored it for those who purchased before the change.

As far as getting ahold of Tesla people - I think anyone here with enough experience with them feels your pain. You just have to be a persistent pain the arse and you should be able to get this taken care of.

Yes, everything is as per the time of order. It's not like they are refunding $2400 of people's $2500 deposits are they? Well, the reverse is true also.