Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incredible..Tesla just increased my preorder (sept) by over 1k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how you make it sound like its so easy to get in touch with a person at tesla.
..and the local OA is just as clueless as we are.

Yes, it’s unlikely you will find anyone at Tesla with accurate information. Virtually everything they tell you is just wrong.

There’s a few forum members who post things that don’t add any value to the discussion. It’s best to just ignore those posts. They are not worth responding to.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Same thing happened to me. Model 3 Performance ordered on October 15th. Order Agreement still showing price at time of order ($57190) but pricing detail on my Tesla account shows it at $58,190 (+$1,000). Must be a glitch as it looks to be factoring in the new price sheet ($7,000 dollars for Performance upgrade vs $6,000 pre price change). As far as I am concerned and per the legal language in the Order Agreement, the price quoted at time of order should be binding.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Count me in as one also affected by the price increase - ordered and deposit on 10/15, now showing $1k higher price (made some posts about it in the performance waiting room thread).

I'm hoping the dust settles and they resolve it in a week or so as others have mentioned, however, I seem to be experiencing something slightly different than others: When I go in to my manage order page, it is prompting me to re-submit/confirm my order (as if I never submitted in the first place). I definitely already completed this step as I have the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement in my email and I provided all my info, including my DL #, payment method, insurance, etc. It's now basically taking me back to step one, and I don't want to confirm it, because it is obviously referencing the new increased price. Below is a screenshot of what my manage order screen looks like.

I have calls in to my local SA, but they don't really know what's going on. Will touch base again tomorrow, but I am hoping this sorts itself out.

upload_2019-10-17_17-17-58.png

I love how you make it sound like its so easy to get in touch with a person at tesla.

As long as the actual order agreement shows the right price there's no reason to get in touch with anybody.

It's a website glitch that won't actually impact anything. (and will likely be fixed soon- as it has been every single other time this exact same thing happened before)- but even if it doesn't they'll still only need to pay what's on the actual order agreement.

As long as the actual order agreement shows the right price there's no reason to get in touch with anybody.

It's a website glitch that won't actually impact anything. (and will likely be fixed soon- as it has been every single other time this exact same thing happened before)- but even if it doesn't they'll still only need to pay what's on the actual order agreement.

To be fair to everyone in this thread, they are likely "new to be" owners and dont know we have seen this exact same thing happen every time there is a price adjustment, but yeah we have, almost every time.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I SPOKE to my sales rep today he said there is nothing they can do price increase is due to them not having the old rims anymore the new gray 20 inch rims on all performance models cost more and they are passing the cost onto us any who has the new gray wheels will have to pay the extra 1000

I believe you spoke to them, I believe they THINK they know what they are talking about, but what I dont believe is that they have a good grasp of what this policy is right now officially.

/shrug...

I SPOKE to my sales rep today he said there is nothing they can do price increase is due to them not having the old rims anymore the new gray 20 inch rims on all performance models cost more and they are passing the cost onto us any who has the new gray wheels will have to pay the extra 1000

Did the price on your actual order agreement change?

Because I'd trust that a lot more than whatever idiot Tesla employee you spoke to. They typically have no idea WTF they're talking about on any topic.

I believe you spoke to them, I believe they THINK they know what they are talking about, but what I dont believe is that they have a good grasp of what this policy is right now officially.

/shrug...
i hope your right i mean i dont want to spend another 1000 because they changed the color of the rims that was not my choice and he told me car wont be around until mid december when i order they said late October i dont mind waiting but tell me from day one tell me oo we raised the price and now pushed you back to months thats not cool

My answer would be "I have a contract for you with the car with silver rims, and I want the car with silver rims, you must deliver" - when they say "We no longer have the silver rims" - my answer "That is _YOUR_ problem, not mine, but I will take the grey rims at the same price"