Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in from the rain so you have to look at my ugly garage. Unfortunately, the charge port won't open so I will need to go to the service center tomorrow so I can charge it!

*hmmm.... it didn't post my pic and gave me an error message. Not sure what went wrong. Technology not liking me today. LOL

Ok, trying again!

Attachments

• IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 104
Live in Northwest Indiana here, about 45 mins outside of Chicago. Anyone have any suggestions for places to get tints done? Broadway Glass is the big local tint shop, but I don't know if they have done Teslas, or Model 3s yet. Of course I could call and ask, but I don't know how honest they would be about it. I watched a video on Youtube of a professional place in Texas that does it and they made it seem like doing a Tesla takes a whole different skillset and made me nervous to trust my local shop.

Anyone in the Indianapolis area have any experiences with tire shops? I'm looking for a recommendation for a place to rotate tires and also maybe get winter tires. I'd prefer going somewhere where I know they've worked on Teslas.
I'd be interested on local recommendations too. On the fence for 22" winter tires vs. a set of smaller wheels/winter tires from Tsportline that I can just swap myself.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I remember hearing that there was no need to rotate tires on Teslas. You should check this.
On the X the tires are asymmetrical, so can't be rotated. On the S & 3, they should be rotated every 10-12k mi, per owners manual.

Tesla mobile service came to my house in Carmel and rotated them for free. I think it was free only because it was my first service.

The other day, Tesla mobile service was at my house in Bloomington changing a door seal and while he was here I asked him about tire rotation for my Model 3. He said they increased their price from $90 to $113 (or something like that). Looks like I'm going to have to find a local shop to do it. Does anyone around the south central Indiana area have a recommendation?

On a similar note, this morning I found a nail protruding out of one of my tires. I took it to the locally owned tire shop I usually go to get it patched. I called before going there to see if they work on Teslas and they assured me that they've worked on Teslas before, they know about the jack pads, and they know where the lift locations are. Anyway, they tried to jack up my car without a jack pad...I walked out just before he finished rolling the jack under my car and stopped him and told him they'd need to use the lift instead. Luckily they didn't need to take the tire off because when they pulled the nail, it didn't leak air. And once I got home, I ordered jack pads to keep in the car.

Reactions: BozieBeMe2