Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction vs. Gas Stoves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

getakey

Jan 28, 2020
Spa but no pool. I have cars to recharge, though the mileage has dramatically dropped. I'm planning to replace our HVAC with an all electric unit. Ditto with the water heater and stove top.

And, my wife who works nights needs a cold room to sleep during the day. Lastly there's the indulgence of the master bath floor heater that guilt has prevented us from having ever used.

those bath floor heaters are great. Had it in our last house in the Bay Area. No AC, so our electric bill was fairly low and we did indulge

Please don't go electric stove top

Reactions: Redhill_qik
Every self respecting chef cooks with gas.
Gas temperature is much easier to regulate
and will predictably lead to the same cooking
time on the same knob setting for same stove.

When I want to be a chef I use wood coal from the
Amazon, called Fogo, take about an hour for coals to get even,
Luftlighter elimates need for carcinogenic starter fluid.
Ah, properly tenderized and marinated pork becomes a
delicacy, when coals become weaker we add the jumbo shimp
and fish. Pour me a glass of Carnivor cab! Mandatory
shower after the grill:(

I had a Thermadore LP cooktop at my old house. Currently constructing a new high-end home and going with induction. As much as I love gas, not only because how it cooks but also just the appearance of the cooktop, I didn't want the hassle and appearance of a new LP tank on the side of the house. Now, if my choices were only the old electric vs LP it would be a no-brainer and I'd go with gas. But with induction having many of the same qualities as gas I went with that. If I lived up north and already had gas piped to the house I would personally do gas over induction.