Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elons Tweets about Model 3 and some of the engineers comments on reveal day indicate that many design details have been finalized. I believe that the final version will have the same front end as the Model X and Newly redesigned S. Model 3 body has many similar characteristics found in the Model X.

I hope this all leads to Production starting on time or (EARLIER!!!).

Reactions: WhiteFang
Elons Tweets about Model 3 and some of the engineers comments on reveal day indicate that many design details have been finalized. I believe that the final version will have the same front end as the Model X and Newly redesigned S. Model 3 body has many similar characteristics found in the Model X.

I hope this all leads to Production starting on time or (EARLIER!!!).

Well I certainly hope it does NOT wind up like the front of the new S or the X. Love the Tesla logo on the hood, love the absence of the mini-grill.

Well I certainly hope it does NOT wind up like the front of the new S or the X. Love the Tesla logo on the hood, love the absence of the mini-grill.
If the Tesla "smile" as seen on the new S and X gets branded onto the 3, would that branding be so bad that you would not buy whats behind the smile? For me, thats trivial. I may like the T higher or lower, smile or cone...but to have some logo consistent across the brand has value. I sure would not bolt from the brand because of it.

If the Tesla "smile" as seen on the new S and X gets branded onto the 3, would that branding be so bad that you would not buy whats behind the smile? For me, thats trivial. I may like the T higher or lower, smile or cone...but to have some logo consistent across the brand has value. I sure would not bolt from the brand because of it.
I particularly like the logo up on top of the frunk hood... the idea of a mustache/fake grille not so much. I would still buy, but then I would have to spend time and $ to remove. Also, what Jayc said

Well, I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the car. But I would be disappointed. I really feel that the design of the 3 represents a logical design progression, and I think it is very striking in its simplicity. I would hate to see that screwed up by the addition of a design element that serves no purpose other than to make some people feel better.