Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you can start to edit your posts after you post six times

I'm not sure about the number of required posts before one can edit. The ability to edit general posts has changed from 24 hours, which is what it was before the redesign, to just one hour now. I know that in the past certain first posts in threads could have that time period extended, but I don't know what the criteria were that would qualify a post for that, and I don't know whether it was some sort of manual override, or if it happened automatically.

I'd suggest, ramlax13, that you write to one of the mods to ask about this capability.

You can see in the drawing faint almost dotted lines completing the circle of the steering wheel, glass perhaps, indicating a screen or a place to project on to?

OR the clear glass shows the critical dash info inside the clear area, like it floats in the clear area? After all, the top of the steering wheel is right in front of the driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Will

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-4_23-55-53.png
    upload_2016-4-4_23-55-53.png
    266 KB · Views: 360
ha. My husband thinks I'm a dork. He was traveling yesterday and I kept sending him screen shots of the tweets. And I'm told not to post any more Tesla stuff on my FB. ;)

I am optimistic too - about the credit (though I am an owner and reserved at 10:09 - on E. coast, I was still worried) and the production ramp - it seems they are planning for this and have a handle on it. Fingers crossed they can execute. Before those tweets I wasn't thinking I'd see my car before Sept/Oct 2018, just because of the employees and the East Coast going last, and an anticipated slow ramp.

Assuming you intend on quickly confirming (once available) highly-optioned, I reserved at 10:25 PM EST, and I feel quite good about the tax credit after reading Elon's recent tweets. No way to know for sure of course, but we do know they will be maximizing the effect for all possible even after owners high-option orders. This tweet made this East-Coaster feel better...

@_elombardo:
@rjpryan @elonmusk I read his reply to indicate that not -all- west coast orders would be prioritized, just the very early production

@elonmusk :
@_elombardo @rjpryan correct

Mod note: I edited the original post to merge in some more tweets that ramlax13 noted.

Hey Mr Mod,

Here are a few more which you could add to the first post if you'd like.

First time poster here, I reserved the Model 3 last Friday and am definitely excited. I plan on getting it fully optioned as soon as I am able to. Since it's my first car I figure it'll be worth it.

I saw that "spaceship control" tweet earlier as well and thought that it would be interesting to see how they will implement it. I believe Elon said that it will not have HUD--but I am hoping it does.

Reactions: AnalysiZ