Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Bonus Module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking of getting the Ingenext Bonus Module (BONUS Module - For Tesla Model 3) for $462? I'd like it just for the Drift Mode and being able to monitor battery status (though I already use Scan My Tesla). I know that there might be issues with future updates like what happened with the Ingenext Boost 50 module (which Ingenext recently updated the firmware on to fix it). There are other features that others might be interested, as well as a video on their site demonstrating some of them.

By the way, they list this as compatible with SR, SR+, LR RWD & AWD. No word on MR or Performance.

Correction- they didn't update the firmware on the Boost 50 to fix it.

It requires new hardware

In fact- it requires the bonus module.

Existing owners will get it free, but (per recent stories on this) future owners will need to buy BOTH things- meaning the boost 50 mod effectively just went up to like 75-80% of the cost of just buying Teslas official boost. (though you do get the minor extra features until Tesla decides to disable those too)

Reactions: smatthew
Existing owners will get it free, but (per recent stories on this) future owners will need to buy BOTH things- meaning the boost 50 mod effectively just went up to like 75-80% of the cost of just buying Teslas official boost. (though you do get the minor extra features until Tesla decides to disable those too)

Their site doesn't say anything about the Boost 50 module requiring the bonus module. I expect that the new Boost 50s have been modified and can work by themselves. (At least until the next update from Tesla.)

Their site doesn't say anything about the Boost 50 module requiring the bonus module. I expect that the new Boost 50s have been modified and can work by themselves. (At least until the next update from Tesla.)

The boost 50 page currently also says it's undetectable and has since launch.

That turned out not to be true either :)

Tesla and hackers keep playing cat and mouse in patching performance boost unlock - Electrek

So they basically packaged the patch in a new module called ‘Bonus Module’:

It is going to be shipped to current Boost 50 owners for free for the patch and sold separately with new features for new buyers

I picked up the module which made it to me yesterday. Install is not super easy as disconnecting the connector to the MCU is tricky. But once done, its smooth. However, for some reason, my unit is not connecting to the wifi like it should. Reached out to them for guidance. Still waiting. Will update once I hear.

Anyone thinking of getting the Ingenext Bonus Module (BONUS Module - For Tesla Model 3) for $462? I'd like it just for the Drift Mode and being able to monitor battery status (though I already use Scan My Tesla). I know that there might be issues with future updates like what happened with the Ingenext Boost 50 module (which Ingenext recently updated the firmware on to fix it). There are other features that others might be interested, as well as a video on their site demonstrating some of them.

By the way, they list this as compatible with SR, SR+, LR RWD & AWD. No word on MR or Performance.

Reactions: android04
I picked up the module which made it to me yesterday. Install is not super easy as disconnecting the connector to the MCU is tricky. But once done, its smooth. However, for some reason, my unit is not connecting to the wifi like it should. Reached out to them for guidance. Still waiting. Will update once I hear.

I couldn't disconnect the MCU clip after much effort 2 weeks ago even with different arm and body contortions and so decided to wait. I have a service center appointment soon so I will try again to install the bonus module when the service visit is completed.

There’s a 10% coupon they have now. “GoFaster10” if you plan on ordering.

(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)

(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)
I’m on multiple threads across different vendors and I even started a dedicated Black Friday code thread. Just trying to help people save money. I don’t work for anyone. Unlike one person only putting one code for one manufacturer
FF620743-1938-4D0D-912C-226D847F6ADB.png

I want to get the ghost upgrade but $2500 to upgrade from the stock Tesla boost is a lot. Next time this comes up at 20% off I'll likely buy it. Their own 50HP boost is upgradeable for $1200. Would be nice if they made the ghost upgrade for those with the Tesla boost just a couple hundred more than that.

I want to get the ghost upgrade but $2500 to upgrade from the stock Tesla boost is a lot. Next time this comes up at 20% off I'll likely buy it. Their own 50HP boost is upgradeable for $1200. Would be nice if they made the ghost upgrade for those with the Tesla boost just a couple hundred more than that.

I don't believe having Teslas boost helps you at all from their perspective- they aren't telling the motor "add another 50 hp from what you have now" they're telling it "You're a P"... doesn't matter what you started as. (except for needing to be AWD with a 980 rear I suppose)

blocking updates sounds fun ;)

but I would be worried about black boxes that reverse engineer the can/lin/eth/etc signals and try to outsmart the car.

it will always be an arms race, and the vendor always has the actual source and can change things.

part of me - the hacker - like this black box idea; but I feel that its a risk not worth taking, in the long run.

eventually, when data lines are fully locked down and encrypted, this will end. for now, there is a time window where these things will work. (no idea what tesla will do, but the industry is going toward a lock-down model for car configs; and they have a valid reason for that).

Here is the main thread on these boost options from ingenext:

Status
Not open for further replies.