Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane repair estimate for 2015 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought the car in for a clicking noise coming from the front suspension. The repair estimate came to $8274!?! It includes many suspension parts, but also brake parts? I just replaced front and rear rotors and pads 2 months ago. I don't know what they are tying to pull.
Screenshot_2024-01-18-12-58-35-08_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

You have a luxury car. An owner needs to budget for repairs accordingly. My other car is a Toyota. The maintenance money I'm saving on my Toyota is used for my Tesla.

In the last year, I've personally spent over $20k on new replacement pack, PTC heater, MCU2 upgrade. Gotta spend my kids inheritence somehow :)

And yes, the cost of such repairs are a high percentage of what your car is worth. Welcome to the infancy of EVs and EV repair.

That all said, you might find a more reasonable repair cost at a 3rd party, just like we do with ICE cars today.

Last edited:
Reactions: philander
OP is not having a drive unit replaced, or any high voltage system component. A clunk is probably one or two suspension components, and Tesla wants to practically rebuild the entire suspension, as well as replace recently replaced brakes. Recent components I've replaced were a tie rod end in 2023 which was nearly $100, and a fore link in 2022 that cost over $200. Sure Tesla parts are more expensive than other cars, but 8 grand to fix a clunk? I call BS on that one.