Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install day but crew left??? not sure this was worth it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fyi, I was able to confirm with Tesla today that they do install on standing seam metal roofs. Good news for my installation in the Tahoe area. He also said they will be able to use the new Tesla inverter, which carries a 12.5 year warranty.

fyi, I was able to confirm with Tesla today that they do install on standing seam metal roofs. Good news for my installation in the Tahoe area. He also said they will be able to use the new Tesla inverter, which carries a 12.5 year warranty.
Are you ready for some real heavy snow in the next few days? Sounds like biggest storm than we have had for a while. Our spring winter was nice while it lasted.

But we need the rain and snow.

By the way does heavy, wet snow, i.e. Sierra Cement, ever damage solar panels?

Truckee sees some of the deepest snow around, something like 375 or more psf in snow and ice weight is possible. It can absolutely crush solar panels that are typically designed for 112 psf max or perhaps 150 psf.

The code allows you to reduce that 3-400 psf of ground snow quite a bit based on roof tilt and snow sliding clearance but there are drifts and dams possible. Ice and snow is quite damaging.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Still nothing from them. Interesting is I heard from Mosaic that I going to have to pay on the loan without install. I tried contacting tesla and there silent no quote and just nothing from them. So I guess I need to file a complaint to get their attention.

No way to treat a customer.

When you have an issue in Tesla land, you are truly on your own.
I found that out when my 500 mile model 3 stopped charging.

This post is a little old now. Did you get a solar roof installed in Tahoe? I have a project in Truckee and I’d like to know if it worked before I try it myself.