Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing 2019.40.50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see little to no difference between 50.1 and 50.7. VC still flakey, Spotify once working is having problems again. FSD seems pretty good and for the first time I noticed handicapped parking visualizations, but that could have already been there...

Has anyone else experienced this - driving on M6 Birmingham / Warwickshire I had sudden phantom braking whilst on TACC noticing that Max speed had suddenly changed from 70MPH to 50MPH, would have been very welcome if I was entering a 50 zone, but that was another 5/10 miles further. Then when in the 50 zone it happened again, this time down to 30 MPH. I’m on 2019.40.50.1.

I drove through there this evening and had exactly the same thing happen!

Has anyone else experienced this - driving on M6 Birmingham / Warwickshire I had sudden phantom braking whilst on TACC noticing that Max speed had suddenly changed from 70MPH to 50MPH, would have been very welcome if I was entering a 50 zone, but that was another 5/10 miles further. Then when in the 50 zone it happened again, this time down to 30 MPH. I’m on 2019.40.50.1.
It happened to me on the way to Colchester, but on autopilot, I was meant to exit and I wasn't in the right lane. It feelt like autopilot slowed down before the exit sign. Anyone observed any correlation of such sort?

It happened to me on the way to Colchester, but on autopilot, I was meant to exit and I wasn't in the right lane. It feelt like autopilot slowed down before the exit sign. Anyone observed any correlation of such sort?

This?

Europe owners manual v2019.26.1 pg 93 said:
Cruising Near or On Freeway Exits

When cruising near an exit on a controlled access road (such as a highway or freeway) and engaging the turn signal toward the exit, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control assumes you are exiting and begins to slow down the vehicle. If you do not drive onto the exit, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control resumes cruising at the set speed. In a region with right hand traffic, this occurs only when you engage the right turn signal when driving in the right-most lane within 50 meters of an exit. Likewise in regions with left hand traffic; when engaging the left turn signal when driving in the left-most lane within 50 meters of an exit.

Note: The onboard Global Positioning System (GPS) determines if you are driving in a region with right or left hand traffic. In situations where GPS data is unavailable (for example, if there is inadequate signal), engaging the turn signal near an exit does not cause TrafficAware Cruise Control to slow down Model 3.

When enabled while on a highway interchange or off-ramp in certain regions, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control may reduce your set speed in 5 km/h increments – to as slow as 40 km/h – to better match the reported speeds of other Tesla vehicles that have driven at that specific location. To override this and continue cruising at your set speed, tap the accelerator pedal or touch the plus (+) or minus (-) button on the touchscreen. The new set speed is maintained for the duration of the interchange or off-ramp (unless you override it or cancel Traffic-Aware Cruise Control). After the interchange or offramp, the set speed may revert or change as necessary based on the new location. For example, if you merged onto a different highway, the set speed reverts back to the set speed that was in use before driving on the interchange.

This fits

AE3BCA91-A62A-4D1F-AE84-7D4B1B10B896.jpeg

I drove through there this evening and had exactly the same thing happen!

Happened to me on the same stretch of road heading south, TACC suddenly hit the brakes and reset speed to 30mph. It braked *hard* and a following driver would think they were being brake-checked.

Edit: my guess is that it might be confusion over which road you're on. If near a road which has a different speed limit - such as 30mph - it might decide you're on a different road and change the limit.

I also had the display freeze completely then reboot itself when I parked up to try to power-off-on, earlier in the same trip. No speed, no indicator sound, nothing.

Voice commands seemed much better today, provided you use correct terminology! E.g “Turn heating on works” whereas “turn heating down” doesn’t but “heating down” does! Similarly with turn heating off only works if you simply say heating off!!
I also noticed I’m getting visualisations of pedestrians which I hadn’t noticed before although this might just me being unobservant.

I had I think first instance of 'Adjacent Lane Speeds' kicking in in unwelcome fashion - at least I think it was - wasn't looking at the screen to confirm the on screen visual. I was on NoA for this.

adjacent lane speeds.jpg

The problem is, that it slowed rapidly from 70 to around 50, and the lane it appeared to be slowing for was a join (new lane) separated from mine by another merge lane and a long set of do not cross lane chevrons. M3 J4 North bound. By time manouveur was complete, I was travelling at same speed as the front white car of the batch of three in main image. My manoeuvre from 70 down to 50 I think was complete before the new lane had actually joined. It was rather (actually very) over zealous in its need to slow down and could have been far more gentle, if it needed to slow at all.

Approx streetview from first white car. I was on main motorway, so to right of chevrons and the merge lane.

So be careful when on inside lane and a new lane joins from your left (UK).

Screenshot (323).png

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Chalks99
Updated this morning. During a drive just after lunch it occurred to me that the wipers were working. That’s “working” as in I wasn’t having to fart about wiping the screen more often than the car wanted to, or having to put up with them wiping a dry screen for no apparent reason. They just worked.

It could be that I experienced a very specific type of rain that exactly matched one of the training images used by Tesla, who I suspect are actually using ‘Rain God’ Rob McKenna’s catalog of 232 specific types of rain for the programming. More testing required I think, but it could be that we finally have wiper performance on a par with a Citroen Xsara circa 1996, only Citroen did it with a simple refractive optical sensor costing about £3, and Tesla do it with multiple cameras, enough computer hardware to launch an interplanetary probe, and an Artificial Intelligence system that seems to be a distant relative of HAL 9000, but just slightly less malevolent. That’s progress for you then...

I also noticed I didn’t have to wrestle helm control back from autopilot quite so often, including at a bit on the North Circular where it normally considers speed camera markings as a new lane and makes a dive for the central reservation.