Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a Instrument Cluster Dashboard Displayer mickey mouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi bo3bdar - I just got the model bra topfit screen and wanted to try to update it. Would it be at all possible to PM me a link?

If you just got it, it's very likely to already have the latest software. They seem to be pretty good about updating before they ship.

Go to the upgrade section, and check the version. Latest I've seen is HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y. If you have earlier firmware the display will stay lit when the car is off. This version is working fine for me, but does have an annoying one-time flicker when first driving.

Neither XMGE nor BMZX are good about contacting anyone for new firmware. The only way I've ever seen it work is by asking them directly. But if anyone gets different firmware, please let us know.

Just installed my display, I got this version "HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y" by default, so guess I have the latest.
Tested shortly and it seems to be working nicely, but I cannot change the theme by scrolling fast, nothing happens.
Anybody has this issue also and have it fixed?

Just installed my display, I got this version "HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y" by default, so guess I have the latest.
Tested shortly and it seems to be working nicely, but I cannot change the theme by scrolling fast, nothing happens.
Anybody has this issue also and have it fixed?

This issue fixed itself after a test drive, during a drive suddenly the fast scroll works for changing themes.
The only issue I have now, is that the display stays on when the car is plugged in for charging.

Hi guys - still have trouble getting firmware HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y which is the latest - would really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link to a google drive copy or otherwise...
Sent message.

This issue fixed itself after a test drive, during a drive suddenly the fast scroll works for changing themes.
The only issue I have now, is that the display stays on when the car is plugged in for charging.

Strange- that was the result I had for my original firmware on the device. But haven't had it since the recent v1.4.25 release.

Has been working OK for me, goes to sleep on door close. Little Carda logo stays lit always, but seems OK.

I do get a flicker on the screens when I first start driving that I wish they'd fix.

When not charging, everything is off, so that works correctly for me.
Only when charging, the charging display is shown (I do have sentry mode on, maybe that is related, will try it with sentry mode off next time).

I also have the flicker on the screens at startup.

By the way, does anybody have a sticker or design available for replacing the Carda logo with a Tesla logo? :)

Only when charging, the charging display is shown (I do have sentry mode on, maybe that is related, will try it with sentry mode off next time).

I also have the flicker on the screens at startup.

By the way, does anybody have a sticker or design available for replacing the Carda logo with a Tesla logo? :)
I have!

Can someone please send me the latest update. The QR code doesn't work for downloading an update.
Thanks in advance

Reach out to the people that you bought it from first, either Amazon or whoever. The reason to do that is that you can possibly find out for us if there is an even newer update available. They don't ever notify previous buyers, but will typically respond to direct support requests.

(PM me, and I can provide the most recent ones that I have, but it's been awhile and I'm hopeful they've got something newer.)

This is indeed Sentry Mode related.
When Sentry Mode is on and the car is plugged in, the display will stay on no matter what.
With Sentry Mode off, the display only turns on when the car starts charging.

@ JimM3P, berichtje gestuurd :)

Since I installed the update, like @bo3bdar said, my car ha been back To normal. It’s been sleeping like a baby, and not waking at all. It does still have the lit logo like he mentioned. Top fit “said” that they would update the firmware every time there is a Tesla Update…but we will see how that goes.

PM me your e-mail address and I’ll send you the file. It’s rather large (30mb)
Hello. Looks like this is what I need to fix same issue I am having with my Tesla Model 3. I have HMI_V1.4.25.0812R currently and upgrading to HMI_V1.4.25.11009Y should fix the display staying up issue. Would you be able to send me the file as well? Really appreciate it as I would love to fix the issue. Thanks

Reach out to the people that you bought it from first, either Amazon or whoever. The reason to do that is that you can possibly find out for us if there is an even newer update available. They don't ever notify previous buyers, but will typically respond to direct support requests.

(PM me, and I can provide the most recent ones that I have, but it's been awhile and I'm hopeful they've got something newer.)
Thank you for your help. The upgrade fixed my issue with the display not turning off. Thank you once again!

I reached out to XMGE on Amazon about obtaining a firmware update as my TopFit screen also never shuts off. The response I got was that the problem would be reported to their superiors. Can someone please send me the updated firmware? I only just joined this forum just for this issue, and it doesn't seem like I have any way to PM anyone with my n00b status here.

I got this directly from TopFit, I'm pretty sure I have the latest firmware but would someone mind sending it to me? I'm going to try to modify it to fix a few things:
1. Speed limit icon is European style not US
2. The car graphic only shows the pre-refresh chrome trim
3. The background color isn't the same hue of white as the Tesla display which I think is distracting

If you are able to, it would be nice to add the Time and Temperature on the left (or middle) display.
Now it shows an image of the car, which is pretty useless :p
Very happy with this screen, in my opinion Time and Temperature is the only thing missing on the displays.

I really like the way these aftermarket instrument clusters look. I prefer the rectangle one to the one with the circles, but either way, I do intend on waiting a while and seeing how much or how little I am bothered by the lack of information behind the wheel. That, and I might not even keep the M3LR I have on order, so I'll save my shekels until that decision is made. Good to see that the Topfit one is getting regular updates to keep it working correctly after Tesla updates their side of the equation.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I would have written:

Because this is how most message board posters are...

;)
Nah. It's a little worse here. Plenty of posters make good points yet you see others downvoting them for no good reason other than they are being critical of Tesla for some of their cost cutting, curious UI choices, and spotty build quality which are legit reasons to speak out against the brand. The Tesla community has a well earned reputation for a reason. There does seem to be plenty of level headed posters here but the fanboys are maybe the worst I have seen outside of Ford forums maybe as the blue oval fans are pretty bad.

Reactions: JHCCAZ