Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance - Electric cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not in our experience, we insure a ZOE for about the same as we insured a Honda Jazz and a Tesla Model 3 for not much more than we insured a diesel Golf.

Try Direct Line for the Model 3 - they seem to have some relationship with Tesla.

I recognize that I'm commenting in the UK and Ireland subforum, but my insurance company USAA gave us a reduced rate because the car has sentry mode and GPS tracking. It might be worth bringing that up with your insurance provider.

I'm not sure that someone can steal one of these cars successfully. And if there is any collision or vandalism there are five cameras recording the event.

Like any and all insurance, it varies greatly.

Electric cars generally have faster acceleration, what is considered more expensive repair costs, especially Tesla's as they are beholden to the main dealers.

But sometimes you get lucky and get a cheaper quote. Its the usual story.

I’d wager your Macan didn’t have supercar acceleration?

That’s only one part of it of course, but it’sa significant one. Also Teslas probably take longer on average to repair due to parts availability (and thus higher loan car costs)

PPF = a wrap. A transparent one, but a wrap nonetheless.

It complicates repairs, as the car can't just go straight into the paint shop for a respray, or it can but the PPF probably can't be reapplied there (different discipline), or at all - when the customer will be expecting it to be.

I managed £309 with Aviva this year, the best I could do considering mine has suffered 3rd-party rear and front-endings to date. Still more than I ever paid for previous ICE vehicle, but not bad considering higher residual value and 524 PS. Also, have had greater claim payout total than insurance paid to-date, so that's likely why EV prices in general are higher.