Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for Model X In Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone breakdown what each digit of the VIN stands for? I recall seeing it on the forum a while back.

My insurance broker typed in my vin and on his end it's coming up in his system as a 75D - but my MX is a 90D.

Anyone else having this issue?

Can anyone breakdown what each digit of the VIN stands for? I recall seeing it on the forum a while back.My insurance broker typed in my vin and on his end it's coming up in his system as a 75D - but my MX is a 90D.

Anyone else having this issue?
VIN code: 1YJ X C B E 4 9 G F ######

Digits 1-3  World Manufacturer Identifier
Digit 4 X  Model
Digit 5 C  Body Type & GVWR Rating
Digit 6 B  Restraint System
Digit 7 E  Fuel Type
Digit 8 4 Motor/Drive Unit
Digit 9 9  Check Digit
Digit 10 G  Model Year (2016)
Digit 11 F  Plant of Manufacture (Fremont, CA)
Digit 12-17  Serial #

I'm with TD Meloche Monnex as well. They told me that it would only take a day or two to have the Model-X updated in their system. I was going to wait until I got a firm delivery date before contacting them again to set up. But if you get delivery before me, then I'm sure the system will get updated before I need it.

Called my current provider RBC again. They said they will have the Model X in their system by tomorrow for an accurate quote and to call back.

Called TD Meloche Monnex, and they see the car in the system, but need me to fill out a paper application? What gives? Says the process can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks....

I asked if this was the same if I bought the model S, they said yes...they can't give me a quote on either (even though I can get one online???)

Called TD Meloche Monnex today as well and got a solid quote, base quote for $1 mill liability, $2500 comp deductible, $1000 collision deductible with replacement value was $1200 a year... Cheaper than my P85D and a lower deductible! They had 90D as an option.
State Farm was $1400 for similar numbers. Waiting on OMA Insurance through The Personal Group to get back to me.

• Informative
Reactions: SSD420
Called TD Meloche Monnex today as well and got a solid quote, base quote for $1 mill liability, $2500 comp deductible, $1000 collision deductible with replacement value was $1200 a year... Cheaper than my P85D and a lower deductible! They had 90D as an option.
State Farm was $1400 for similar numbers. Waiting on OMA Insurance through The Personal Group to get back to me.
I'm with OMA as well by using their brokers (Willis) who have me with Aviva and they have been the cheapest by far so far. Going to try Intact tomorrow

My broker is still saying when he inputs my vin it pumps out as Model X 75D

He can't find 90D or P90D in the system.

He said to wait until it's closer to delivery and he is sure he will be able to find me quotes.

From checking kanetix.ca on a P85D Model S. I see rates $2600-5000. My driving record isn't perfect obviously. I have few minor traffic tickets and 2 minor claims (minor windshield repair for a Chip and I hit a deer back in November - lucky to be alive! :eek: ) and one semi-major claim which deemed me 100% at fault, even though my back tire blew out on the highway back in 2011 and was impossible to avoid. - no one was hurt besides me.

If my MX 90D is around 2600-3200 I'll be more than satisfied.

Once all you sig owners get your cars in the coming week(s), I'm very curious what you'll be paying for insurance.

one semi-major claim which deemed me 100% at fault, even though my back tire blew out on the highway back in 2011 and was impossible to avoid. - no one was hurt besides me.

One thing to note about that ^.. The insurance company paid out peanuts. They didn't pay out a penny for my destroyed car. In fact, I didn't go through insurance at all. Even the cop told me not to. Stupid firemen were supposed to send their bill directly to me. They didn't :( and insurance paid out a mere $1100 for fire department responding to the 911 call and to fix the guardrail.

If any of you are driving north on highway 400, just before the "KING POPULATION" sign before Beamish construction, check out the centre guardrail... Those black streaks still there almost 5 years later, yeah, they are/were me seeing my life flash before my eyes! :oops::rolleyes:

One thing to note about that ^.. The insurance company paid out peanuts. They didn't pay out a penny for my destroyed car. In fact, I didn't go through insurance at all. Even the cop told me not to. Stupid firemen were supposed to send their bill directly to me. They didn't :( and insurance paid out a mere $1100 for fire department responding to the 911 call and to fix the guardrail.

If any of you are driving north on highway 400, just before the "KING POPULATION" sign before Beamish construction, check out the centre guardrail... Those black streaks still there almost 5 years later, yeah, they are/were me seeing my life flash before my eyes! :oops::rolleyes:
You, my friend, appear to have left your mark on this world.

Reactions: SSD420

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 56