Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for Model X In Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called TD Meloche Monnex today as well and got a solid quote, base quote for $1 mill liability, $2500 comp deductible, $1000 collision deductible with replacement value was $1200 a year... Cheaper than my P85D and a lower deductible! They had 90D as an option.
State Farm was $1400 for similar numbers. Waiting on OMA Insurance through The Personal Group to get back to me.

I just called TD Meloche, and they said its impossible to get a deductible for less than $5,000 on the Model X, and talked to the supervisor and everything.

I mentioned someone stated the $2500 and $1000 deductibles they said it wouldn't go through if you tried getting it...

I wouldn't loose sleep about it. The reality is, one should avoid claims as small as $5000 or less for a vehicle like this. Two claims of this value would make some one almost prohibitively expensive to insure. I have a body shop guy who would make a $5000 claim only cost about $1000 if you paid in cash. I would save him for small things to avoid the cost of claiming through insurance.

My main concern is the windshield...where typically I'd be $200 out of pocket with my comprehensive deductible...now I'll be out the full thing. Considering its a common occurrence...you almost have to factor in a windshield replacement for the life of your car...

Plus anything can happen at anytime with someone...so if your car is involved in an at fault...$5,000 is pretty steep haha.

I just called TD Meloche, and they said its impossible to get a deductible for less than $5,000 on the Model X, and talked to the supervisor and everything.

I mentioned someone stated the $2500 and $1000 deductibles they said it wouldn't go through if you tried getting it...

Interesting, I remember for my Model S I just accepted the $5k deductible and later found out others got different deals...

Hopefully they recorded my chat and can pull it up! the $5k deductible hurt when I had $15k of damage to my car last year

• Informative
Reactions: Gymee
Just got this today... hope it sticks
Model X Insurance.jpg

Reactions: SSD420
:D
Just got this today... hope it sticksView attachment 180813

I like that they were able to include a picture of you and your wife putting flowers in your new X! Good service. ;-)

Is the deductible $2500? I had to add my X to my current policy with RBC, but their deductible is $5000. I didn't have time to shop around. The policy expires July 31st though, so it gives me some time to look for options.

The X is for my wife, she is channeling her "inner ninja" and got black/black with the plan to get aftermarket black 20's from TST sportline. She actual wants red but my D is red so thought it would look odd in the driveway...
I'm not going quite all black, but I plan on getting the silver rims powder-coated a dark gray to go with the Midnight Silver paint. However, inside is all black. Was tempted to get the dark ash because it kind of looked good in certain lighting, but decided to play it safe with the carbon fiber. I would have preferred a lighter colour inside, but Tesla options are fairly limiting. I needed to think about dirty kids hands.

:D

I like that they were able to include a picture of you and your wife putting flowers in your new X! Good service. ;-)

Is the deductible $2500? I had to add my X to my current policy with RBC, but their deductible is $5000. I didn't have time to shop around. The policy expires July 31st though, so it gives me some time to look for options.

this is driving me crazy...I'm currently with RBC too...and they wouldn't budge from a $5k deductible....I called TD Meloche Monex like the poster mentioned, and they told me there's no such thing as a <$5k deductible for a 100k+ vehicle...

To confirm it wasn't an age thing (I'm only 22) ...I even asked them to confirm if it would still be the case if the car was under my dads name instead...and they said age has nothing to do with it, and its solely value and theres no way around it....

I'm definitely not comfortable with such a high deductible....

this is driving me crazy...I'm currently with RBC too...and they wouldn't budge from a $5k deductible....I called TD Meloche Monex like the poster mentioned, and they told me there's no such thing as a <$5k deductible for a 100k+ vehicle...

To confirm it wasn't an age thing (I'm only 22) ...I even asked them to confirm if it would still be the case if the car was under my dads name instead...and they said age has nothing to do with it, and its solely value and theres no way around it....

I'm definitely not comfortable with such a high deductible....
I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I'm on a UofWaterloo Alumni group plan at TD Meloche Monnex. Maybe all individual plans have the $5K deductible?

I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I'm on a UofWaterloo Alumni group plan at TD Meloche Monnex. Maybe all individual plans have the $5K deductible?

I'm a Brock Alumni, as well as a CA/CPA (Both of which are eligible for the group plan), and I did try both memberships with TD.

Would anyone be able to PM me their quotation number I can use to possibly get the same deal?

I'm a Brock Alumni, as well as a CA/CPA (Both of which are eligible for the group plan), and I did try both memberships with TD.

Would anyone be able to PM me their quotation number I can use to possibly get the same deal?
I don't know if they gave me a quote number when I called, but all I wanted was a ball-park figure since I don't even have a delivery date yet. Once I contact them again, I can provide more (final) details.

I finally got an insurance quote for my MX but my broker seems to be having an issue.

When he types my VIN into his system, it comes back as a 75D not 90D. Anyone else having this problem?

My VIN is
5YJXCBE24GF0076XX
There is nothing encoded in the VIN to designate between 75D or 90D. So, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just what the insurance company defaulted in their system. See the VIN decoded: ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrMail/ORG11230.pdf

Finally got my insurance quote for the 90D. $3337 / year ($1000 deductible).

Although most of you will think that's high, I have 2 traffic tickets on record and a deemed at fault accident 5 years ago, although really there was nothing I could do with a tire blow out on the highway. Plus I hit a deer 8 months ago.