Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance New Vehicle [2021 Megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone gone with Citroen cover instead? Just wondering if it’s the same call centre etc. Peugeot and Citroen by far remain cheapest for me…
The documents I have received from Peugeot Insurance are from "PSA Insurance" which, looking on their website, seems to be Peugeot, Citroën and DS.

The documents I have received from Peugeot Insurance are from "PSA Insurance" which, looking on their website, seems to be Peugeot, Citroën and DS.
Thanks. I was hoping like some others have mentioned that the other quotes from DL and Churchill would come down but hasn’t for me!

Churchill is coming up quite cheap for me now, only £514 which is good for a London address. Weirdly £500 cheaper than a week ago. Maybe 20-25 days before seems to be the best time.

I’ve saved the quote (it lasts 30 days) and I just need to call them with the reg when I get it.

Those of you collecting end of this month it’s worth trying atm.
Hi Guys, Just wanted to let you know I've just got off the phone with Peugeot and they have told me they do not insure new Tesla vehicles! I rang to confirm a few details and they landed this news on me. They said if id applied online it may have gone through, but they would have sent me a letter!

Very bizarre.
Strange indeed. Did you manage to get a quote online with Peugeot? Unclear to me how to manually add the car if not yet received reg plate.

Strange indeed. Did you manage to get a quote online with Peugeot? Unclear to me how to manually add the car if not yet received reg plate.

I ended up completing the quote over the phone as I too couldn't enter the reg number as the car effectively hasn't been registered yet. Although as I'm collecting in 2 days I did have the reg number. The advisor I ended up dealing with was great compared to the previous two. £370 a year! Crazy!

Reactions: Cossa and Karlcole
My current car/insurance runs out on 7th Jan. My M3 is arriving on 8th Dec. Direct Line want to charge £50 for cancelling my insurance, so what is everyone's advice on just letting it run its course? It would cost me less on a monthly billing.

I'm moving to Churchill from Direct Line.

My current car/insurance runs out on 7th Jan. My M3 is arriving on 8th Dec. Direct Line want to charge £50 for cancelling my insurance, so what is everyone's advice on just letting it run its course? It would cost me less on a monthly billing.

I'm moving to Churchill from Direct Line.

You may be on a sticky wicket if you are using no claims discount, although your old policy will just run until the end you would effectively have the same no claims on 2 policies.
Also if the vehicle on your old policy is in an accident they can claim from you as effectively you are still covering the insurance.

Reactions: Leejmoff
Hi all I am trying to get insurance in place for my M3 pickup on 10/12/21. I spoke with Tesla today and they informed me of my reg number but it is not being recognised by any comparison sites or individual site that I have tried. I have a pending quote (requires a reg) with Churchill and am going to try to call them when I get chance (need a spare hour or so! 🤣) so thought I would check here. Should I just wait a few days or will insurance companies be able to sort over the phone?

Thanks in advance

Hi all I am trying to get insurance in place for my M3 pickup on 10/12/21. I spoke with Tesla today and they informed me of my reg number but it is not being recognised by any comparison sites or individual site that I have tried. I have a pending quote (requires a reg) with Churchill and am going to try to call them when I get chance (need a spare hour or so! 🤣) so thought I would check here. Should I just wait a few days or will insurance companies be able to sort over the phone?

Thanks in advance

You can give them the reg over the phone anytime up to and including your delivery date. (BTW I misread your first sentence as being for a new version of the Model 3 ... "my M3 pickup" ... :))

Thanks in advance
Car will not be registered with DVLA untill you pick the car up, therefore it will not show up for insurance quotes. Most insurance companys will accept the VIN number.

So I am really glad I found this thread.
My previous car (68 plate A Class) was costing me around £600 a year to insure. Cheapest I could get for my M3 was £1400 with Churchill.
I checked Peugot and managed to get £860 quote. Called them up today, gave them my reg and paid.

Above prices are for 35 year old, with 8 years no claims. I did pay about £110 extra to protect the no claims.

Thanks in advance

Got my plate number 22 Nov and went straight to Tesla Direct Line on-line and got a quote using it... it didn't recognise the number but still used it for quote... took a screen shot if I need to ring them but will pay on the day as quote lasts for 30 days

Yep, renewed on Wednesday, no sign of the new docs yet. It might be they won't appear till the renewal date (for me,, that's December 11th).

I bought mine online this morning at 11am, rang several times (not sure if that did anything), but it appeared on my account to download and print off at 7pm

My collection is tomorrow, and for the policy to start tomorrow.

I think a few of the ones I spoke to said something about 'new policies which is part of their new motor product that they are currently migrating to' so there are issues with the system....

Yesterday I took out fully comp, protected ncd and legal cover on my new M3LR which I collect on Saturday. Total cost with Peugeot insurance was £276 for me and my wife.

We’ve been round the loop on here as to whether it’s a valid insurance product they are selling therefore I don’t really want to open that debate but for those of you who did purchase Pug insurance did you get any email confirmation of your policy/ purchase?

They said they will get the documents in the post and it takes 5-7 days.

Can anyone confirm this is normal?