Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance New Vehicle [2021 Megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow such differences in insurance premiums on Teslas, my current insurer wanted just over £1k annually, most others are around £600. I saw many others were trying Peugeot for their insurance, just ran my details through their system and came back with a. premium of £305, now people generally saying if something looks too good to be true, it generally is, I'm concerned there is some catch or loophole

Wow such differences in insurance premiums on Teslas, my current insurer wanted just over £1k annually, most others are around £600. I saw many others were trying Peugeot for their insurance, just ran my details through their system and came back with a. premium of £305, now people generally saying if something looks too good to be true, it generally is, I'm concerned there is some catch or loophole
It’s just the bizarre world of insurance. There’s plenty of us paying under 300 if living in low crime and accident areas. Grab that quote!

Have you checked Askmid just incase? I usually get paranoid when I renew my car insurance:

the issue, which was “debated” on here was whether PI would honour any claims and that some sales assistants in PI were telling people that they do NOT insure new Tesla’s. This was debated and shot down on many many posts, do a search and all will be revealed. May have bled onto the pending deliveries thread. I think at the end of the day PI are very competitive and it was proved that the “rumous” were largely unfounded. In all things it’s buyer beware.

Reactions: Js1977
the issue, which was “debated” on here was whether PI would honour any claims and that some sales assistants in PI were telling people that they do NOT insure new Tesla’s. This was debated and shot down on many many posts, do a search and all will be revealed. May have bled onto the pending deliveries thread. I think at the end of the day PI are very competitive and it was proved that the “rumous” were largely unfounded. In all things it’s buyer beware.

Had my documents through about an hour ago and all looks good. Insurance is signed by U K Insurance so definitely reputable.

Reactions: Katic1972
I will definitely go to PI when I get my reg number through (collect 4/12) and have zero concerns about them. The thread got mental in the end and came across as being a bit scaremongery (despite initially being meant with good intentions). Read it for yourselves but there are loads of teslas going to PI because they are (at least for the time being) massively competitive.

We just went to our current car insurance provider and they gave us a quote of how much it is to continue the car insurance with them (since we are changing cars). Was easy as putting the reg number on the website and paying the funds.

Is it the case that it costs more to insure EV's (this EV) than ICE cars?

I am currently with LV and last May I paid £770 for a Porsche Macan S AND a Mercedes SLC. I have just (out of curiosity) run the M3 LR through Compare the Market and LV came up as £760 just for the M3. Odd !!

I am currently with LV and last May I paid £770 for a Porsche Macan S AND a Mercedes SLC. I have just (out of curiosity) run the M3 LR through Compare the Market and LV came up as £760 just for the M3. Odd !!

Maybe there are other factors.

My M3 LR came in much cheaper to insure than my previous ICE car, despite widely apart insurance groups.

Yep, the insurance industry is odd.

I wonder if the reason is 'keyless' entry . . . . . I am on a local community forum website and EVERY day there's a reports of theft of a 'keyless' car and they all say that they had the key in foil or in the microwave or some special fob. I'll bet money that the reason this Tesla is more expensive than a Porsche Macan S is because of the keyless entry. (They are also going door to door taking off the 'ring' door bells).