Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance New Vehicle [2021 Megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a crash with 8k damage in March which means I’ve 0 years NCD . Getting a lack of quotes as a result . Performance Direct @ £1500…. Any ideas ???
Should also add I have 6 points in last five years although they will of dropped away next year.

Some better news . Had already tried Direct Line and was told online they couldn’t quote me. Tried Churchill even though it’s same application format and same company as DL. Quoted £1000 if pay in one lump sum so I’ve just gone ahead with that quote…

Churchill is coming up quite cheap for me now, only £514 which is good for a London address. Weirdly £500 cheaper than a week ago. Maybe 20-25 days before seems to be the best time.

I’ve saved the quote (it lasts 30 days) and I just need to call them with the reg when I get it.

Those of you collecting end of this month it’s worth trying atm.

Last edited:
There was a big debate over the Tesla Owners Club UK on facebook regarding Peugeot insurance validity for Tesla's 😅

Looks 'valid' enough to me.

From the Peugeot Insurance website;
PEUGEOT Insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.

From the UK Insurance Ltd website;
We are U K Insurance Limited ("we", "us" or "our") and you will know us by our brand names:

Churchill, Direct Line, Privilege and Green Flag.

There’s a report on the orders thread that Peugeot Insurance do not cover non Peugeot NEW cars. Any insurance will be invalid. This sounds bollocks to me but I’ve no reason to doubt the poster. Surely the insurance company would not sell insurance that they cannot underwrite. Anyone got Peugeot insurance care to call up and confirm if their insurance is ok?

There’s a report on the orders thread that Peugeot Insurance do not cover non Peugeot NEW cars. Any insurance will be invalid. This sounds bollocks to me but I’ve no reason to doubt the poster. Surely the insurance company would not sell insurance that they cannot underwrite. Anyone got Peugeot insurance care to call up and confirm if their insurance is ok?

That thread has become an absolute jungle lol

I've been struggling to get (reasonable) quote for business car insurance on a M3P (likely due to my age, and I'm expecting business car insurance to be more anyway). Direct Line and most of the other typical providers either don't give me a quote, or give something ridiculous.

One of the only ones that's been reasonable is Peugeot insurance, but I see you can only apply once you have a reg number. I'm a little concerned due to seeing people say their cars weren't registered until the day of collection (or even not registered at that point!).
Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm due to collect on the 25th.

Last edited:
Surely that would be fraud. They specifically ask you the make/model when you get the quote.

I've been struggling to get (reasonable) quote for business car insurance on a M3P (likely due to my age, and I'm expecting business car insurance to be more anyway). Direct Line and most of the other typical providers either don't give me a quote, or give something ridiculous.

One of the only ones that's been reasonable is Peugeot insurance, but I see you can only apply once you have a reg number. I'm a little concerned due to seeing people say their cars weren't registered until the day of collection (or even not registered at that point!).
Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm due to collect on the 25th.
Assuming you're under 25, the only insurer that gave me a reasonable quote was Churchill, going direct. Make sure to put 2 older parents as named drivers, otherwise Churchill wasn't willing to take me at all.