Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, interesting. LV aren't great for me, I can switch from my i30 to M3 for the next 2 months for just over £100, but the renewal is £830 or thereabouts for the year, which is about £200 more than my Churchill and DL quotes.

So for simplicity of getting my car on Thursday I'm gonna stick with them, but I'll be shopping around for next year....
Is the new LV EV tariff no good?

comparethemarket don't ask, so they don't tell insurers that information, so that'd cover any insurer on their list at a minimum.

As I've never been asked for owner I've never had to tell them anything.
Ok thanks :)

Anyone getting an LV policy will likely find it on there listed separately by assumption though.

Attachments

• IMG_20190813_171400.png
    IMG_20190813_171400.png
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 54
I've just spoken to my current insurer, Esure, and the chat rep informed me they have no plans to cover Model3 so far due to the cost of repairs/replacement. The won't charge a policy cancellation fee however, on the basis that they can no longer cover me.

I asked about NCD given that I'll be 9 months into the current term and as expected they won't bump it to the next year. That said, I checked the insurance schedule and average dicount for years 5+ only increases by 1% per year from 71% at 5 years up to 75% at 8 years.

On the bright side, I was playing on LV and saying I'd had the car since January this year reduced the quote by a substantial amount plus so hopefully next year will see it drop further.

Had a look around the net in regards to PCP and who the owner and registered keeper is. Must places seemed to point me to the following link:

PCP car finance and insurance | Parkers

Would appear that on a PCP agreement, the finance company are the legal owners and you are the registered keeper.
The Black Horse terms and conditions also state that they own the car until the end, but LV said "Ask Tesla" and Tesla said me, so as far as I'm concerned "To the best of my knowledge, all details provided are correct." :D

I decided to move to LV. They are the best value for my M3 and my other car. I don't know how it works but it seems like I get the benefit of my NCD on both cars. It is all now set up with a reference and I call them when I have the M3 rego and wish to make the switch. No dramas. Excellent service.

Just phoned Hastings direct and they were able to transfer me from my current car to the Model 3. They had all 3 models on their list. Only have a month left on the policy so will shop around in September.

Online quote doesn't work for anyone that was thinking about it, makes you put all the details in and then comes up with an error, perhaps a phone quote will work