Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Ambient Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine doesn't seem to buzz. I've got the 4.0 firmware. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. How *exactly* do you reproduce it?

If you have your night mode screen set to anything less than 50% brightness (I usually keep it at around 25%) the ambient lights will buzz. You can easily test it. Make sure the car is ON (not just in accessory mode - press the brake) and set the screen to 25%. You can then just turn on and off the ambient lights and hear the buzz. Obviously make sure the stereo isn't playing anything. If you then raise the screen to 100% the buzz will disappear.

I just got my model s today and noticed a definite buzzing sound when the ambient lights are on. The buzz goes away the second I turn them off. What do you know about this problem. Is it present in all the cars?

Yes, it is present in all cars and they are aware of the problem. It is actually a very easy fix. They just need to make the ambient lights NOT dim with the screens. Although it might make them a bit too bright for some people it will fix the buzzing problem.

Thank you for the video Francis. The video mainly captured the dome lights. If you think of it, would love to see just the ambient lights after the dome lights go off. The ambient lights are just the indirect lights that glow under the door arm rests.