Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior door grab aluminum extremely soft?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else ran into this? I don't even have an idea how I caused this, maybe keys in my hand as I'm opening/closing the door? Is the aluminum trim replaceable on it's own or is it part of the rest of the door panel?

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 10.44.31 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 10.44.22 AM.jpg

I have those exact same dents in my 17" display surround trim.

The interior door handles are separate parts, yes. I think they need to be accessed from behind the interior door panels though.

Shouldn't be the biggest material cost

I've seen another thread recently, not sure if on here, about dents in the aluminum interior side door handles. Several people had chimed in they too had this now in their car. Conclusion I think among everyone was it was due to people's rings hitting the handle.

Here's the other thread I mentioned reading: Interior door handle damage . Something people noticed even back in 2014 but doesn't sound like anyone ever came up with a good suggestion for protecting it. We are still awaiting delivery on our MS but will be looking to see the handle condition when it's delivered to see if it comes pitted or dented and then the condition after we've had it a while. Too bad you can't shrink-wrap it somehow without looking tacky. I probably would have preferred a chrome finished handle that would have held up better to daily wear and certainly one's driver side door handle will get the utmost use.