Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both a button and a release lever:

T70xqEB.jpg

It was a stupid article, but I couldn't be bothered to register an account to comment. The reason that electronics faults are so common in so many cars is because there are so many systems (each doing their own thing, often made by different manufacturers) and so much wiring, that system failures, short circuits, bad grounds, etc are pretty much inevitable. That runs entirely opposite to the M3 design philosophy, which is about centralization and reducing the wiring harness.

I also thought it was a dumb article. In 50 years of driving, I've been stranded once due to an electrical problem (not counting waking up to dead batteries in winter). I've been stranded multiple times due to failed components only found on an ICE car.
My car wouldn't start this morning, most likely due to the battery being dead. Do the Tesla give you any sort of warning that the 12V is running low and needs to be changed?

I just worry that we have how many production models out in the wild, a Google Photos gallery of 1200+ photos and still we are "guessing" at how does the car open using the same 1 picture we have had forever. I guess we have to wait for non-employees to get models for someone to actually post a youtube video etc. It is still weird for me not to know how to open the car I pre-ordered and am 2-3 months away from getting.

I just worry that we have how many production models out in the wild, a Google Photos gallery of 1200+ photos and still we are "guessing" at how does the car open using the same 1 picture we have had forever. I guess we have to wait for non-employees to get models for someone to actually post a youtube video etc. It is still weird for me not to know how to open the car I pre-ordered and am 2-3 months away from getting.
Once I get my car, I can answer all and any questions. :D

Reactions: Gtosnipey