Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior white doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Model Y on the way and I've heard many folks say a ceramic coating is not needed on the white seats because they come pre-coated from the factory.

But what about the white door panels? They are a sort of cloth, are they not? My wife says I HAVE to let the kids ride in the car 😝 and they tend to put their dirty body parts on every possible surface including ones I was not aware were humanly possible to reach with your feet. So I'm concerned now more about the white sections of the doors than the seats themselves. Are there protectors for that material as well someone can recommend?

Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: andaconda
I've got a Model Y on the way and I've heard many folks say a ceramic coating is not needed on the white seats because they come pre-coated from the factory.

But what about the white door panels? They are a sort of cloth, are they not? My wife says I HAVE to let the kids ride in the car 😝 and they tend to put their dirty body parts on every possible surface including ones I was not aware were humanly possible to reach with your feet. So I'm concerned now more about the white sections of the doors than the seats themselves. Are there protectors for that material as well someone can recommend?

Thanks!

So is the pre-coating from the factory strong enough for kids too?