Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn you’re lucky. I was told today that my delivery tomorrow morning is pushed to Friday because my car hasn’t even arrived at the International Centre yet. :(
Sorry to hear that.

I wonder if they just cancelled all Sunday deliveries because MTO is closed and they don't have the plates yet. Using the "your car isn't here yet" excuse. I wonder if you complained enough that the car will magically be here earlier.

The car has some issues while detailing.
My delivery was abruptly delayed 47 hours and I was told it was a "transportation" issue.

Got the car yesterday afternoon (great, love it, don't want to repeat others) and doing the fine tooth comb check at home under LED lighting I found what was an artifact of some minor work....said artifact was a three inch shadow of where masking tape and masking paper had been used on the lower left corner of the wind screen.

The delivery detailers didn't catch it, too minor......I used a little cutting paste (hand only, not machine) and that took care of it.

When I did my 120 second "gross error check" (when you see the car and confirm your VIN prior to signing RBC papers), I had my hi intensity LED light to seek out any obvious issues.

The car(s) all have Tesla "orange peel" on the clear coat and mine was covered in micro swirl marks that only an experienced paint guy would notice....said marks being left by the detailing job that was done in Toronto.

No issue and I didn't raise an issue as I'm going in for PPF and then Opti-Coat....the paint will get a proper correction at that time.

Reactions: tombar
When we went for our rescheduled delivery on Friday (1145 slot time, departed parking lot at 1600), we had a cooler full of food but were served hearty sandwiches at lunch time.

I had a large picket sign with my name and VIN and RN and "White with 18" Aero's".

It saved much time because people didn't have to search around for us.....we were easy to spot.

First thing that added time because of my request, my car had less than 40% charge when we arrived and I asked for 80% (got 91%).

The second thing that added time because of my request was a result of the 47 hour delay in our delivery....all the document were still dated 30 May instead of 01 June.

I wanted the loan payment date moved from the 29th of each month to the 30th of each month.

The last thing that added time because of my request was "just make the Spotify on my phone work on this stereo. Once that happens, I'm out of here......" ;)

While waiting, I spent one hour in the drivers seat of one of the powered up Model 3's sitting on the floor.

Taught myself all the UI stuff I needed to enjoy the drive home.

Sidebar: the autopilot calibrated for me in about 30 km's, but until then I didn't even have "dumb" cruise control.

Sidebar two: any way to "lock when leaving the car"....EXCEPT in my garage? Can my garage be recognised as a spot where I want the car to remain unlocked?

Sidebar 3: Homelink was EASY to set up, easiest of any car I have ever had. And the "open garage door at 30m without touching any buttons" works like a dream.

Cheers

Late Friday Tesla phoned me and asked to move our 9:30 pickup to a time later in the afternoon. Sounds like they were retroactively trying to level out the appointments. I agreed and moved it to the suggested 3:30pm.
  • Arrived on time
  • Greeted immediately, checked in and got a guest pass
  • 10 minutes later we were viewing our car
  • 20 minutes after that we were done with the paperwork
  • About a 30 minute wait while they mounted the plates and did some admin stuff
  • Killed the time in the demo 3's and X, and playing with the UI.
  • Spent about 45 minutes going over the car, noting issues, getting some minor corrections.
  • 10 minutes configuring seats, mirrors, phones for two drivers, taking a deep breath.
  • 10-15 minutes in the back lot getting a feel for the car.
All of the staff were helpful, friendly and attentive. It looks like they've ironed out their early delivery issues.