Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30 but got a call a couple hours ago to push back to the afternoon. Was told my car isn't there yet. The way I see it, if I'm not leaving till (say) 4pm, I'd rather get there in the afternoon, not in the AM.

I was tomorrow but got a call this afternoon saying they were looking at my car and found a software issue that requires a hardware fix! I'm now on Sat delivery, here's hoping the rebate is still there after the election! Pretty disappointed right now.

Curious who called you guys, was it your ISA that you've been dealing with prior? Worried since my ISA is off this weekend that I won't find out about any issues until tomorrow once I'm already there. Oh well roll of the dice and we'll see how she goes.

I was tomorrow but got a call this afternoon saying they were looking at my car and found a software issue that requires a hardware fix! I'm now on Sat delivery, here's hoping the rebate is still there after the election! Pretty disappointed right now.
Sorry to hear that man, I feel your frustration.......

And it's looking like anyone who has already picked up their car in Toronto but did not have Tesla sign and date section K3 on page 7 of 7 of the Ontario EV rebate (EHVIP) form needs to get Tesla to sign it....or else your rebate application may/may get denied.

I have to call the M of F sometime tomorrow and get some sort of ruling on this......heads up folks.......

Prepare yourself, stupid question coming.

Upon delivery, does the screen still have the plastic protection film on it?

I received my car last Wednesday and as far as I can tell the whole car had all of the protection film removed from all surfaces, but for the screen I can't tell by looking at it (old eyes) and I don't want to start picking at it and accidentally scratch something.

I received my car last Wednesday and as far as I can tell the whole car had all of the protection film removed from all surfaces, but for the screen I can't tell by looking at it (old eyes) and I don't want to start picking at it and accidentally scratch something.

Old eyes here as well. Apparently it’s hard to see. Some people discovered it after finding small scratches on it or a bubble appearing under it. Fingernail under the top corner shouldn’t scratch anything. I have an Abstract Ocean glass screen protector ready to put on once I get the car. If your thinking about a screen protector you may want to leave the factory protection on until you get one.

Screen Protectors for the Tesla Model 3

Glass:

Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for the Tesla Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: _TLA_

I would leave it on. Tesla added as protective measure after screen glass shattered in an accident and cut the driver or passenger.

Can’t recall where I read this though

Sorry to hear that man, I feel your frustration.......

And it's looking like anyone who has already picked up their car in Toronto but did not have Tesla sign and date section K3 on page 7 of 7 of the Ontario EV rebate (EHVIP) form needs to get Tesla to sign it....or else your rebate application may/may get denied.

I have to call the M of F sometime tomorrow and get some sort of ruling on this......heads up folks.......
You mean page 6 of 6? Also, Tesla signs K3 only if you are leasing it. I don't believe they have to sign if you're not leasing it. What section of K3 are you referring to b/c there is K1, K2, K3, K4, and K5.

Ours did / does. I figured this out because there was a big smear down the middle of the inside of the windshield. One of the prep guys came to clean it and left his soft cloth with me for a couple of minutes. So I wiped down the screen and saw a few tiny bubbles under the protector.

I left it on for the moment. Using the screen has been ok with it on. Maybe a little less sensitive.

Thanks everyone who replied to my question about the film on the screen. I do think mine still has the film on it as I can see some defects and am glad it's likely defects in the film and not the glass.

I do recall Elon saying something about making changes to the screen to better protect people from broken glass in an accident, I hope this film was not his answer to this safety issue.

I do have an Abstract Oceans (Matte) glass protector on order so when it arrives I'll peel my film off.

Thanks All.

Reactions: 03DSG