TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Internet Radio playing while car is updating firmware

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Hometheatremaven, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Hometheatremaven

Very strange. I got notice this afternoon I had a firmware update waiting to install. When I got home I told it to Install Now.
    When I went out to the garage a few minutes later to do something, the radio was playing and the dc charging ports were live. But the screens were both blank and unresponsive.
    I tried to turn off the music with the scroll wheel, but no response.

Never had this happen with any other update.
    A minute or two later, the radio turned off.

2. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Ya' downright spooky! I actually did see this happen on a previous update. Stereo, lights blinking and even a horn beep. I did like the ghost's music selection...

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Don't try to turn anything off or on while the car is updating. Best to let the update run overnight so you're not tempted.

4. McMuggets

McMuggets Member

Maybe this software update activates some sort of sleeper AI system before the car finally fulfills it's destiny to take us all over. Hail Lord Musk! :)

But really, it's strange that you noticed that because it did the same with mine. That being said, the car functions normally and the update worked.

5. Hometheatremaven

I wonder how you can tell when an update is finished. I'm tempted to open the door/

6. Barry

Barry Member

My radio was playing after the last update completed.

7. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Don't open the door, it may let the ghost into your house and then who knows what will happen. Poltergeist!

8. Hometheatremaven

Done. v6.2.2.5.21 No ghosts.

9. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Kind of related to the topic:

I heard recently that when the clock symbol appears the data have already downloaded and are just waiting to be installed.

I noticed the other night when the clock appeared that the message said that the update was ready to be installed. Not that it was ready to download.

Can anyone here answer? Does the clock symbol mean it's time to download and install or just install?

10. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

Yes, I believe that the clock symbol means the download has occurred and the software is ready to be installed...

11. simonog

simonog Member

It does. That's why installation can start to happen at once even for the largest updates.

12. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I was in the garage for the entirety of one software update and the music restarted at least twice. It seems to be a normal part of the installation/rebooting process.