Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intetresting photo on Tesla's Facebook Page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very puzzling. The P85D rated range is 253 mi. and the usual uprating (in my 85) from rated to ideal is about 1.16. That only takes 253 mi to 472 km. An 85D, which is 270 miles rated, would get you to 504 km, which is pretty close. Perhaps "ideal" has been revised upward a bit? But the car is clearly marked as a P85D in the photo?

I'm told they are teasing about a 100KWh pack. 508 Km is about 317 miles.

If this is true, someone on the other thread about Model X not having more capacity will surely lose the bet. My guess was something around 100KWh range. I guess they are prepping for the Model X release. Not that the Model X will get that efficiency, but the New P85D with upgraded batteries will get the range bump.

A bigger pack seems obvious. The 70 vs 85 batteries are so close and there should be a more compelling reason to upgrade from a 70. 70 vs 100 will give a good reason to plunk down even more money to our favorite company.

This is the so-called "Rated" range on european 85 and 85D according to the NEDC cycle test. Here's a few screenshots from the norwegian and british webpage.
screenshot.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

Theese show a slightly lower range, but those extra few KM's probably don't mean anything important..?