Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introductions (Hong Kong)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a big mistake.

Not because I think you should buy something you don't need, but it is such a shame to find out you should have gotten one. Also resale value. What if you decide to move? Do a longer trip? It costs 2.5 times as much for a retrofit if you change your mind after the car has been built, and want the extra charger in.

Kwai Chung Estate is an example of a place with type-2 Mennekes 32A/3~ (22 kW). They have the two first hours parking free, and with dual chargers, you charge at 95 km/h (typical) 117 km/h (rated), 190 km typical range charged absolutely at zero cost. This is the fastest you can charge on AC - with only superchargers (and maybe "soon", ChaDeMo) being faster - but they are DC, and bypass the chargers anyway.

Even with a 32A charger, if it is single phase, single charger equipped cars only get 16A charging which is ... about 15 km/h charging (almost two days for a charge), whereas those of us with dual chargers get around 30 km/h charging from the very same plug.

Have a look here #372 for more information about single vs dual charger.

I have heard that people have been advised that "they don't need dual chargers", while they regret it later when they find out how big the difference is in charging times.
Resale value on dual chargers cars seems to slightly more than single charger.

Hi all, getting my S85 very soon. Could anyone invite me to the Line/Whatsapp group?

Thanks!

Raymond

There is one spot open on the original main Whatsapp group, and lots of room in the "urgent" group.

Contact TMC user jh78 to be added to either group.

You can also join the LINE group as lx3h suggests. Expect quite a lot of activity there, so it depends how many notifications you have time for.

Nice to meet everyone here :). Placed an order for a P85D around September last year, ETA August. Can't wait!!!

For those who have received their cars, what comes next? Do the sales team contact you to organise rego, insurance, etc.?

Cheers

Nice to meet everyone here :). Placed an order for a P85D around September last year, ETA August. Can't wait!!!

For those who have received their cars, what comes next? Do the sales team contact you to organise rego, insurance, etc.?

Cheers

Mostly you wait till Tesla calls and then they will ask you to get financing, insurance, etc. I assume you know about the resale guarantee criteria?

Mostly you wait till Tesla calls and then they will ask you to get financing, insurance, etc. I assume you know about the resale guarantee criteria?

Hmmm care to elaborate? Don't believe I've come across this. We will be paying it off, not financing, so should be quite straight forward. Only problem is my parents want to put the car under my name, so I would have to pay for the insurance etc in my name also. Is this a problem in HK? From my home city (Sydney, Australia) car insurance for anyone under 25 is a lot more expensive.

From my home city (Sydney, Australia) car insurance for anyone under 25 is a lot more expensive.
From what I have seen here in this forum young person, first time car owner and/or without ownership record in HK would find it difficult to get insurance or got it at higher premium. Also please note even a straight 85 is considered a sport car so P85D .... a risky super sporty car!

Hmmm care to elaborate? Don't believe I've come across this. We will be paying it off, not financing, so should be quite straight forward. Only problem is my parents want to put the car under my name, so I would have to pay for the insurance etc in my name also. Is this a problem in HK? From my home city (Sydney, Australia) car insurance for anyone under 25 is a lot more expensive.

No at least 60% financing with Orix, no resale guarantee.

From what I have seen here in this forum young person, first time car owner and/or without ownership record in HK would find it difficult to get insurance or got it at higher premium. Also please note even a straight 85 is considered a sport car so P85D .... a risky super sporty car!

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. Does Tesla recommend any insurance agents? Or is there a certain brand that all Tesla owners like to use that know that have specific plans for Tesla owners? (Obviously a Tesla is different from a standard combustion engine car, so in the case of any accidents, the parts and procedures involved in repair would entail different costs)

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. Does Tesla recommend any insurance agents? Or is there a certain brand that all Tesla owners like to use that know that have specific plans for Tesla owners? (Obviously a Tesla is different from a standard combustion engine car, so in the case of any accidents, the parts and procedures involved in repair would entail different costs)

See:

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

I've been quoted 33k a year seeing as I have no previous driving history in HK, no NCD and am under 25. Does this sound fair?

Also looking to get more involved with the Tesla community. I read from other areas there is a whatsapp group (now full?) or facebook group I could join?

Cheers