Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory X for $7300 off with 450 miles or new? Autopilot worries..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed the paperwork for an inventory x with a serial number around 2900 and only 460 miles. $7300 off and is configured like I want. I recognize that there will always be better, newer features in the future, but I am concerned that with 2.0 hardware now possibly being included in current production, I'll be sorry if there is no upgrade path. if it doesn't come out for a year or 2, no worries. I can sell mine and upgrade. But if it is announced soon, even with my $7300 discount I'll probably struggle selling the few month old X. Note, based on my driving needs, Autopilot is really important to me, which is one of my main reasons for getting this, along with the fact that the p90DL is just super cool! Any friendly advice would be appreciated. Agreement was just done yesterday (right before 2.0 news has gone viral) so I still can shift directions. thanks.

ps my rep in Devon. Ian, has been absolutely amazing.

tony c

Tesla is not finished developing AP1, hold onto the discount. You just made up some of the depreciation with that and tax credit. If most of your driving is on divided highways, you will be very happy with AP1 even more so after the 8.0 update.

thanks for all the tips! given the fact that I can get both the state and federal credit, have no extra shipping to bring the car in, and it has a $7300 discount, it makes sense, I don't know how much teslas depreciate in 1 year, but if I really want a 100dl 2.0, I can probably trade or sell 1 year from now. if I had to guess, it probably is around $2k per month.

thanks for all the tips! given the fact that I can get both the state and federal credit, have no extra shipping to bring the car in, and it has a $7300 discount, it makes sense, I don't know how much teslas depreciate in 1 year, but if I really want a 100dl 2.0, I can probably trade or sell 1 year from now. if I had to guess, it probably is around $2k per month.

You also do not need to disclose that you bought an inventory car when you sell it, hence you do not need to tell anyone about the $7300 discount. You will need to discount the $7500 tax credit though, obviously. I say go for it.

Im in the same boat.. My NEW 90 is in transit... Made last week. If it doesn't have the "new wiring harnesses and camera housing (so you can upgrade/per the rumors), I'm going to cancel and wait.. I get no info from my rep... Did your local rep have any info?

Im in the same boat.. My NEW 90 is in transit... Made last week. If it doesn't have the "new wiring harnesses and camera housing (so you can upgrade/per the rumors), I'm going to cancel and wait.. I get no info from my rep... Did your local rep have any info?

What if no one has one of those new housings until next month or next year?

We have yet to see any in the wild...

How are you going to know if it has a new wiring harness? Are you going to take it apart and inspect everything? (The service and delivery people aren't going to have any clue unless Tesla makes an official announcement.)

For all we know the additional radar units are already in there. (Since they are hidden behind the bumper covers.) So until someone starts pulling things apart and compares to an older build we won't know.

Wouldn't you be better off taking delivery and then using the happiness guarantee in 2-3 months if it turns out things don't work for you. (Wouldn't that end up costing you less than loosing the deposit?) Of course then you have to wait 6 months to buy again...

I pulled the trigger. should have it next week. I could wait forever for the next best thing. The way I see it, a lease payment on a p90dl is close to 2k a month. Even if ap 2.0 is out and functioning in 6 months, I could probably trade/sell my x. 6 mos x $2k month that a lease would've cost me. And the $7300 showroom discount, so I can sell it for $20k off and still be the same. Add in the 2 rebates and that is another 10k. so $30k off. I think that might be realistic. But who knows? I

How are you going to know if it has a new wiring harness? Are you going to take it apart and inspect everything? (The service and delivery people aren't going to have any clue unless Tesla makes an official announcement.)

For all we know the additional radar units are already in there. (Since they are hidden behind the bumper covers.) So until someone starts pulling things apart and compares to an older build we won't know.

Wouldn't you be better off taking delivery and then using the happiness guarantee in 2-3 months if it turns out things don't work for you. (Wouldn't that end up costing you less than loosing the deposit?) Of course then you have to wait 6 months to buy again...

If it has the new camera housing, then it will be obvious and most likely the harness will be anther too. The word is that this was done starting with last weeks production. I received my P85 October of 2014. Three days after I got the car, they announced that all cars delivered starting 2 days after mine had the AP system... I'm just trying to avoid the same situation.