Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investor CONSTRUCTIVE Suggestions and/or Requests of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteveG3

Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2012
US
Had one in mind today, I’m sure many of us do.

Tesla might read the thread.

fwiw, by emphasizing CONSTRUCTIVE in title, I’m indicating the intent of this thread not attempting to dictate what anyone posts outside this thread.

Reactions: MacRocket
Here’s what I was thinking.

Tesla arrange for a one-on-one hour long live sit down for Elon with someone like CNBC’s Phil Lebau (strikes me as the best combo of level of Tesla and auto industry knowledge and even handedness on the major financial networks).

Idea would be for Lebau to bring up anything and everything and Elon to have a viable amount of time to respond. One-on-one (with someone like Lebau) would keep the conversation quality content oriented. An hour would be long enough for intelligent analysis. Live would avoid editing that changed meaning.

Would love to see this even quarterly.

This could leave a mini monument of an easily accessible, intelligent, fact based presentation of Tesla’s perspective. This content could be a continually available reality based frame of reference for people to share amid the near constant flood of intellectually dishonest noise currently working on overdrive to falsely frame the Tesla narrative.

I think it would offer better content than the hour of analyst Q&A each quarter (to be clear, I mean this suggestion as an addition, not a replacement).

CNBC devotes several hours to a sit down with Warren Buffett. I’m sure it’s a huge ratings plus for them. I’m very confident an hour with Elon would be as well, so that’s an incentive for CNBC to do it.

I realize some might initially think- wait “almost no filter” Elon on live TV for an hour? Well, okay, maybe he can rotate special guests with him like JB or Deepak. Even alone though, I’m super confident on the whole it would do miles better than current Tesla “reporting.”

Warren Buffett used to buy his kids shares in his latest investment for birthdays and Christmas.
What about all of us Tesla owners, investors and supporters start giving our kids a share or two on these occasions instead of the usual stuff.
This would help support the share price as well as help our kids buy their future tesla or property.

I don’t think it matters what he does as many of the bear arguments either rely on very selective interpretation of facts or fairly willful mis-representation of financials.

However there probably are some issues could use some clarification - ongoing Model 3 reservations, capital needed for 5k/ week expansion vs. 10k / week, cash needed for R&D expansion vs. ongoing production& operation.

I would love to see Q4 be a bit of a breather on the Capex in order to show a profitable quarter and then expand like gangbusters come Q12019.

More Tesla merch, from TeslaQuilla to other things that Tesla can generate some $ and mindshare with.

Reactions: neroden
If Tesla meets its goal of 2000 Model 3s built this week per the April 3rd shareholder letter a tweet or other update early next week -- preferably at approximately 6:00 am PT next Tuesday morning -- would be lovely.

I understand Tesla does not want to be in the business of providing monthly much less weekly updates but given the unique circumstances and significance of the Model 3 to Tesla a one-time update would go a long way toward securing investor confidence in the ramp while helping to defuse bear attacks/FUD.

Last edited:
Tesla are production constrained for 100k S+X today. Bottleneck batteries from Panasonic only 100k per year. Solution: Add a 130kWh battery pack option using 2170 from GF1, charge $20k extra for this upgrade from the 100kWh option, leave the old options. Thus increase production and margins at once.

Reactions: pilotSteve
If Tesla meets its goal of 2000 Model 3s built this week per the April 3rd shareholder letter a tweet or other update early next week -- preferably at approximately 6:00 am PT next Tuesday morning -- would be lovely.

I understand Tesla does not want to be in the business of providing monthly much less weekly updates but given the unique circumstances and significance of the Model 3 to Tesla a one-time update would go a long way toward securing investor confidence in the ramp while helping to defuse bear attacks/FUD.

In the CBS interview aired this morning but apparently taped earlier this week, Elon reported Tesla had produced 2071 Model 3s over the past week. Good news -- glad they got the word out. Tesla CEO Elon Musk, stressed but "optimistic," predicts big increase in Model 3 production - CBS News

Tesla arrange for a one-on-one hour long live sit down for Elon with someone like CNBC’s Phil Lebau (strikes me as the best combo of level of Tesla and auto industry knowledge and even handedness on the major financial networks).

Idea would be for Lebau to bring up anything and everything and Elon to have a viable amount of time to respond. One-on-one (with someone like Lebau) would keep the conversation quality content oriented. An hour would be long enough for intelligent analysis. Live would avoid editing that changed meaning.

This could leave a mini monument of an easily accessible, intelligent, fact based presentation of Tesla’s perspective. This content could be a continually available reality based frame of reference for people to share amid the near constant flood of intellectually dishonest noise currently working on overdrive to falsely frame the Tesla narrative.

I think it would offer better content than the hour of analyst Q&A each quarter (to be clear, I mean this suggestion as an addition, not a replacement).

CNBC devotes several hours to a sit down with Warren Buffett. I’m sure it’s a huge ratings plus for them. I’m very confident an hour with Elon would be as well, so that’s an incentive for CNBC to do it.

I realize some might initially think- wait “almost no filter” Elon on live TV for an hour? Well, okay, maybe he can rotate special guests with him like JB or Deepak. Even alone though, I’m super confident on the whole it would do miles better than current Tesla “reporting.”

I realize Elon is probably the most well known or at least top few CEO's but I don't see a scenario where an hour long sit-down would happen until later this year when Tesla production ramp has happened (6-8k/wk) and stock has risen to $500+/ share. At that time all of America and the rest of the world would be highly interested in an hour long live interview. At this time there are too many critics to the contrary. Thats why I always say load up on as many shares now when the media is constantly fighting $TSLA shares so when tide turns the price will skyrocket!

Last edited:
One (& maybe only) concern that I have is related to natural calamities. We all know Cali is in Fault line.

So instead of putting all eggs in Fremont, why cannot Tesla do Model Y production outside of Fremont?

My suggestion, is even if Fremont has space to make ModelY -- along with Semi and Roadster it should be made outside Fremont. Instead of creating another GF in US, I think to manage money, they should do it in existing GF0(Sparks), or GF2(Buffalo)

Sparks would be best choice, already lots of land/buildings etc. Sparks needs to move batteries, inverters etc to Fremont, on way back the same trucks could haul parts from Fremont to Sparks.

m2c.

thoughts?

An idea from another thread suggested by Rococo is perhaps is a good idea for this thread as well.

The idea was that Tesla Owners donate some of their time to either meet up with or talk to potential new owners. They may also like to attend Tesla or TMC organized EV information sessions.
Tesla and TMC would need to work together to make this work at a local level.

I wouldn't think Elon would normally be up for this idea but with his new compensation package and his hatred of the TSLA shorts maybe he would?

How do we help this happen?
Ideas:
-Tweet at Elon
-Tweet at Phil Lebau
-Tweet at other people at Tesla
-Get someone to bring it up at the shareholders meeting
-Email investor relations
-Elektrek publish an article about the idea
-Tweet at our friend Lora; oh wait, she's blocked us all because we aren't interesting