Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investor Engineering Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the only unambiguous picture I found in that doc:
SmartSelect_20230328_192113_Firefox.jpg

Here's a quick visual if this helps. I've seen signs constructed like this in and around DC.

View attachment 922338
I think ChatGPT understood my description, lane numbering and all, but logically grouped these phrases as "No turn on red (except from right lane Mon-Fri 7-9 am 4-7 pm)" instead of logically grouping them as "(No turn on red except from right lane) [applies only to the periods] (Mon-Fri 7-9 am 4-7 pm)." The default state is that right-on-red is allowed, so outside of the specified time periods, it's allowed from both lanes.

Even clarifying that it's constructed this way doesn't change the answer:
View attachment 922344
That wording still has the lane vs lanes issue and except.

Hierarchy:
No turn on red: restrictive on all lanes
Except right lane: permissive on one lane
Inclusive of time blocks : restrictive

Are the signs supposed to mean lane 4 is always right on red, and 3rd lane is only right on red when not in that time block?

"Turn on red only from right lane during ..."
"No turn on red from third lane during ..."
Sort of needs a 3rd lane and 4th lane sign...

True, so lets look at any chemistry and the reasons that discharge rates are higher than charge rates. Certainly it's beneficial to keep internal heating within an acceptable range but the limitation in charge rates seems to be more tied to the diffusion rates of the anode than internal resistance of the tab structure.
Why not both?
The more current you push, the more voltage imbalance due to resistance you get along the electrode length. Electrolyte and electrode chemistry limit max voltage anywhere.

Ion movement lowers potential at the sites. So (very roughly) max_V = I*R + site_V (which is I dependent also along with SOC)

• Helpful
Reactions: MC3OZ and JRP3
Seems pretty obvious to me that Tesla need to anonymise the videos, same way that Google Maps does - licence plates and faces are blurred. This isn't difficult to do and less of a risk compared to Google whose images are in the public space.

So I see an easy response from Tesla and they should implement and announce sooner rather than later. Don't understand why they haven't already.
@EVNow
The video clips are for internal NN training, they would want the untouched source material because that's what the scene looks like.
I suppose they could add a filter to the user terminals so labelers get a face blurred feed when shown the raw data. Would then need a tracked method to bypass the filter when it's wrong.

Reactions: willow_hiller
The most likely way to achieve that on existing models would be to retire their production and replace them with a product designed from the ground up with those improvements. This, rather than make those changes to an existing production line and disrupt the production rate. Remember the revamp of S and X?

I'd like to see new models and factory come on line with fresh replacements for the high end vehicles, then retire the existing ones. This isn't likely to happen as the focus is now on higher production of lower cost models, as well as new models for other market segments Tesla hasn't addressed (Vans, Pickups, Semis, Robotaxis).
S/X refresh was total overhaul. Vehicle electrical architecture redo is simpler and involves the 86% Tesla modules going to 100%. This can be done and validated on current vehicles before lone switchover. Depending on architecture, it can also be done in stages with gateway/ translator end nodes to legacy modules.

Highland 3 headlights may be part of new electrical architecture...

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger