Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity - how will Jaguar, Polestar etc survive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the Elephants in the room ( for those of us not leasing ) is depreciation. At the moment the Model 3 is looking quite promising though until they start to hit the used market in volume the numbers will be distorted. I imagine the Ipace is a disaster for anyone who paid close to list. I wonder how the likes of Etron and Polestar will fair.
The OTA updates are allegedly good in this respect since a 3 year old M3 will have pretty much the same functionality as a brand new one.
Also the newer parts seem mostly interchangeable. Daerik via youtube upgraded his side cameras on his MX, they were plug and play. I'm pretty sure there'll be an easy cable solution for the USB C upgrade coming from a vendor in China soon too.

Jaguar built thrilling cars 50 years ago.
Jaguar Tesla 2020.jpg

Left: Jaguar E V12, 1970. ........................................................... Right: Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2020.​

Doesn't look good for JLR

Jaguar Land Rover bailout talks fall through, report says

Jaguar Land Rover also was unwilling to accept decarbonization requirements that would have forced the automaker to accelerate its program of vehicle electrification and phase out the diesel cars that still make up most of its fleet, the Financial Times said, citing a source with knowledge of the discussions.

Not looking good for the government either. Aside from the job losses that was their hope for having some green credentials and an actual British car industry after Brexit.

Not looking good for the government either. Aside from the job losses that was their hope for having some green credentials and an actual British car industry after Brexit.
Brexit alone puts JLR in a precarious position (I know because I have a friend who was until recently a senior exec with them). I can imagine with Covid on top, they will really struggle. Such a pity because 5 years ago they were a huge success story.